Skip to content

BG:EE - Cursed Scroll of Summon Monster is exceptionally useful for assassination without rep loss

bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
when you cast it on a character and he gets killed, there is no rep loss. it's a great exploit because you can obtain items such as the scroll case (which either can't be pickpocketed, or it's very hard) from firebead, cloak of non-detection from ordulinian (when you don't get the quest because of insufficient rep) and gauntlets from noralee upon returning them (can't pickpocket them), etc.

this exploit should be closed. enemies getting killed in this way should count as killed by the party.

another way to assassinate characters without rep loss is charming them and having them cast their spells on them. when their own summons kill them, because the creatures count as your team, there is a rep loss, but if they cast offensive spells on themselves and die (very easy, that's how i kill shandalar's daughters) there isn't a rep loss.

this is also an exploit that should be closed, but that's more debatable i guess.
StummvonBordwehr

Comments

• ljboljbo Member Posts: 177
    Your are your own dungeon master if you play solo. If you play with others, you just need to appoint one! The time of the developers is better used at closing engine bugs, or story breaking scripting bugs imho.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    thanks for the advice, but this is a feature request forum, not advice request forum.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Although I don't see myself using it, I like that this feature exists for creative players. These are not well-known exploits, and they point to the richness of the game that you can work with and around many of the seeming limitations. Reputation is not a part of D&D, it is entirely a feature of the infinity engine, so we are not subverting some pure PnP rules here; I don't see the need for the change, I think it would make the game poorer.

(plus, there are not that many cursed scrolls of summon monster to begin with)
  • HankTheDJHankTheDJ Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know if this exploit now been closed? I tried the scroll on Dushai but the dire wolves always go after the caster (Neera) and when I use Farsight to keep her away and see what is going on then I see the wolves are just sitting next to Dushai.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    HankTheDJ wrote: »
    Anyone know if this exploit now been closed? I tried the scroll on Dushai but the dire wolves always go after the caster (Neera) and when I use Farsight to keep her away and see what is going on then I see the wolves are just sitting next to Dushai.

yeah, i remember using the same scroll and it always summons hostile baddies when i used it, but they never attacked NPCs, they would just stand around if my party wasn't in sight