Skip to content

[Resolved] Patch 2.1 Game wont transition to SoD at the end of BGEE

helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
With the old patchm when I defeated Sarevok, the game would transition to SoD directly. Now it doesnt. It wouldnt be such a problem if, when I launch SoD and import my character, all her containers werent gone, replaced by some keys whose function I have no idea about. Anybody having the same problem?
Post edited by Cerevant on

Comments

• helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    This is strange. The game wont transition, and if I import my character all the containers will be gone, BUT if I just click "continue" (from the SoD main index) the final save will start, play the ending of BG and the SoD intro. And I get all my containers.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    I tested this with two individual final saves from BG:EE and both transition right into SoD.

My steps:

Load a save game from BG:EE before the final battle. Defeat Saravok and end movies and credits roll. Clicking mouse button forwards these until SoD begins.

Load a save game from BG:EE after the final battle - outside of the temple - and enter the temple. BG:EE end movies fire, mouse button click until SoD begins.

Gather in your case, just go with "continue" button for now. Don't have any other suggestions myself for you, but at least you can continue your adventure with everything you have on your party.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    The transition should happen if you are playing BGEE with DLC enabled, e.g. the user interface has the black scheme.

If you are seeing a blue user interface, close BGEE down and launch SoD instead. Select the BGEE campaign and load your save after Sarevok is defeated. After a few seconds you should see Sarevok's demise cutscene which you can skip. You should then be taken into the SoD campaign.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Ok. That one is tricky.