Skip to content

Khalid: Bug or easter egg? (potential SPOILER)

I'm new to this forum (and forums in general) so my apologies if this has been mentioned already but I have not found it in the searches.

I didn't add Khalid to my party until we got to the camp outside Dragonspear castle, but when I did, I noticed that the seemingly boring short bow that he comes with transforms him into some kind of a God - replete with glittering aura. Check out these screen shots.

Wanna take down that greater Wyvern in one shot? Just try Super Khalid! lol it’s so ridiculously hilarious have this timid-sounding fighter killing everything - making it explode, even - in one shot!

Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Apparently none are b-better after all.
  • topkittytopkitty Member Posts: 9
    LOL @Philhelm ! Yeah, with an AC of -22 and THAC0 -21 I would say none are better!
  • Sir_GarrickSir_Garrick Member Posts: 32
    edited April 2016
    That's the God Bow item you can summon using cheats. I'm not sure why it would be on Khalid though, I never actually did take him in my first play through. But it sounds like a bug to me.
    Post edited by Sir_Garrick on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Hey @typo_tilly I'm just running the only version they've released so far - so version 2.0.62.2 is what's on the main screen. @Sir_Garrick I haven't used any cheats and have never heard of the God Bow, but that's a good name for it! I was gonna replace it with a Shortbow +2 but then I saw the stats and was shocked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited April 2016
    Are you sure you didn't missclick on "Godbow" opening the cheat console?

EDIT: I just checked, there is no .cre file of Khalid with that bow, either is as I said or you added it by mistake with the Keeper ;)
    I finished the first time through and didn't use the cheats! I like to play it straight first, then have fun wtih the cheats afterwards. I will play through again (at least that far) without using cheats and see if i happens again.
    I will say - the game wasn't that hard (in normal mode) until you get to hell. OMG it was like, all of the sudden I was dying and constantly reloading and redoing the battle. :(
    @SpaceInvader I don't even know how to create the God bow. you said click but I thought we had to type in all the CLUAConsole cheats. Is there another type of cheat??
    @typo_tilly I didn't even think about saving - you know, I'm one of those quicksave types - no going back I guess, haha. If I do something stupid I just reload from the last quicksave
    ok, @SpaceInvader i'm already on BG2EE with my character that finished SoD... Just to check, I did the CLUAConsole:CreateItem("godbow") on BG2EE and that did it! But I swear I did not even know about that before and certainly didn't type it in for Khalid on SoD. Besides, doesn't it create everything in the inventory of the player character when you use the cheats? I swear this was the bow Khalid had EQUIPPED - because the first thing I did when I got him in my party was to replace his crap with better stuff and I had a Shortbow +2 already that I was going to give him, which is when I noticed that he had the kick-ass bow already equipped.
  • MidoriMidori Member Posts: 26
    topkitty said:

@SpaceInvader I don't even know how to create the God bow. you said click but I thought we had to type in all the CLUAConsole cheats. Is there another type of cheat??

There's a new cheat console that came with the latest update - when you hit ctrl+space a window pops up and you get various buttons and among them the button to create "god bow"

Thanks, @Midori ! I will try that next time I play SoD!
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    ...what?..