Skip to content

Neera journal bug

Hi everyone,

I think I'm looking at a bug with Neera's journal updates following the recent game updates. I also have Siege of Dragonspear installed. After recruiting Neera, I receive a message to say the journal has been updated - it has, but there is just a line that says "Neera" with no description. Following dialogue, I have also received a journal updated message, but still no description. I have checked the quests and journal section of the log, to no avail. Please see the screenshots below:

maliaganteLadyTron

Comments

• Raiden025Raiden025 Member Posts: 3
    i also have this bug
    Neera with no description
    maliagante
  • maliagantemaliagante Member Posts: 11
    I have this as well. Anyone heard of a fix yet?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Same. It happens with Neera as well as Rasaad.

2.0 BG:EE is also riddled with No Objective Text in the journal after the update.

Axie
  • kanantuskanantus Member Posts: 5
    I have this bug too. In my journal it says "Neera" but no entries and you can't "open" that journal entry.
    LadyTron
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    I have the same issue as well, i thought it was due to mods installed before updating my game , but i uninstalled the whole game and reinstalled it and its still the same. Both Rasaad and Neere
  • PeLLeT_RSDPeLLeT_RSD Member Posts: 55
    Same here. SoD installed as well.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    I reported this just a few hours ago, seems it's still happening in 2.1. Feel free to add info to the bug report.

http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/22822

• Sids1188Sids1188 Member Posts: 165
    I've got the same issue with the quest "Tandem in Extremis" (Not even sure what that quest is, since there's no description).

I also still have the "Slythe and Kristin" quest active. The mission still says that I need to stop them from assassinating the duke. Considering that I killed both of them quite some time ago, that seems like it should be complete.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    I'll try to report as many of these as I can reproduce, please register in redmine and report them there to get them fixed.
  • CinquainCinquain Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone else still have these problems? i noticed today when i had a conversation with Neera that her journal entry "Sure of Herself" i believe it was called didn't appear in my journal anywhere. This is a little bit after i have done her quest. I also dont think her entries for chapter 1 ever showed up but in chapter 4 where i did her quest it has text under her name only related to her quest. Did i miss something or is this still bugged for alot of people?
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    same issue here
    can someone add this bug to bug tracker ? i would do it my self but i dont know how to reproduce it
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We've created a ticket for the remaining issues in our internal tracker. It looks like we fixed part of the issue in v2.3, but there's still some work to be done here.
    @Dee thank you
  • AxieAxie Member Posts: 23
    So it will be resolved some time soon? Thanks!
  • diskhatediskhate Member Posts: 12
    I've been told that this (somehow) has yet NOT been fixed...is it true?!?! how can that be? Journal entries are a crucial part
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Does the EET UI also have a similar fix?
  • diskhatediskhate Member Posts: 12
    @lefreut
    Can't believe i didn't know about this mod..thank you so much, you solved an enormous problem for me..i was worried about updating to the current version because of this.
    I tested it with my version of Siege of Dragonspear (which has the same problem..unbelievable) and it worked beautifully
    PS: and i would have used it anyway..much prefer the old school "paperish" looking of the menu,journal ecc
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Well hopefully I'll see your standalone Mod over at BWS, I prefer the EET look than anything else really.