Skip to content

[Resolved] Can't open CLUAConsole

ShaalShaal Member Posts: 6
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
EDIT: Problem is now solved, I found the answer explained here.

EDIT2: Also, now when typing in the console, the code is for example "C:CreateCreature("Noober")" instead of "CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Noober")"

---

Hi all (I hope I'm posting in the right forum),

I installed BG2EE recently, and re-installed BG1EE shortly after that because I wanted to finish the game and import my character.
Only problem: Coran tells me about his wyvern, even though I had done the quest in the past (when there was still v1.3).
So I wanted to use the CLUAConsole.
Thus I searched for the baldur.ini, by using windows search, and then by searching manually into various places.

I found it only in one place :
C:\Users\[me]\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition
It is not present in C:\Users\[me]\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition, which may be logic, since I installed BG2EE first. I also looked in Appdata.

First of all, upon opening, I noticed that the file doesn't look the same as before. So I searched on the web, found a link, and added the line at the right place in the file.

But when I launch BG1EE or BG2EE, I can't launch the CLUAConsole. I tried various commands (ctrl + space, ctrl + tab, etc.), nothing happens. I tried restarting Steam, nothing.

I thought about reverting to v1.3 and try, but I don't have the time to try now.

I have Windows 10.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thank you!
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited April 2016
    You should make sure the following line is added to the baldur.lua file
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
    The baldur.ini is not used for this anymore.
  • ShaalShaal Member Posts: 6
    Yes thank you! You posted the same minute as I edited my post :D