Skip to content

easy early XP for the soloing blackguard, LoB mode.

I'm running an evil party through LoB mode, and have elected to go it solo in an attempt to gain a few levels prior to acquiring party members, so they start with higher levels. I've already gone to the basilisk area and exploited the heck out of Korax, and have reached level 5. Anyone have any other suggestions for easy XP i can do solo in LoB? Preferably something with no combat, or minimal risk. I don't mind going out of my way.

Comments

• Hmm, I'm not sure how well this works anymore with the nerfed Poison Weapon ability, but Unshey and Firebead were always decent choices for early murdering that give some fair experience.

Alternately, do a test recruitment and see where the NPC is at. I'm not sure if they tweaked things with 2.0, but I know in the past I've been able to recruit level 6 NPCs with a level 5 Blackguard.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    get a scroll of resist poison and go kill the phase and sword spiders in cloakwood 2
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    edited April 2016
    Hrmm.. I'd have to solo the Nashkel mines and the bandit camp, but I guess that's doable.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    You already have more than 32k exp so NPCs will be as high as possible already. Start making a party!
    24k actually.
  • QuiqueQuique Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2016
    Then wait till you get 32k. I usualy grind ankhegs in hard, not sure if it's possible in LOB. You are 12 green insects away from NPC experience cap :persevere:

As an alternative, if you cleared the enemies in the basilisk garden, you should have the golden sash and maybe you can solo a doom guard or three in Durlag's Tower. That should also get you above 32k.
    Post edited by Quique on
    edited April 2016
    I might be able to return the dagger to the revenant in the tombs.

Heh. Doom guards would be brutal to solo in Legacy of Bhaal mode.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I've just got an idea while on https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/53882/legacy-of-bhaal-iron-man-daigle-run#latest.

Thanks to the belt of Antipode found on the Gorion's body you can become immune to winter wolves. Just travel back and forth between the Dryad Falls to the Bear River to be waylaid by a winter wolf, kill it, repeat till you get as much XP as you need.
    edited April 2016
    This is what I ended up doing:
    Prologue: All of it except the rats(curse the rats!)
    Chapter 1: Dodged Imoen, looted Gorion and the diamond and booked it east.
    Flipped off Elminster, picked up the ring of protection, skirted the border south.
    Went into the rich man's house, second floor, looted some stuff(I think this is where I got a potion of invisibility). Talked down Marl. Gave Firebead his book(Talked to him 30x in both candlekeep and beregost for 600gp). Bought some gear at the Thunderhammer smithy(composite longbow, field plate, and lots of arrows). Went east to the temple. Killed Galileus(terrible XP). went east again. Used Korax to kill all the basilisks(except one) and Mutamin. He had held Mutamin and then he went hostile on me so I had to kill Korax, then Mutamin. Profit! At that point I was at about 26k. I needed 6k more, so this is where it got difficult. I went north to the Friendly arm, got Joia's ring by pulling the hobgoblins one at a time and killing them. Went north to the Ankheg area, went down into the lair and dashed through(don't ask), got all the loot from the cubbyhole including the body, chugged the invisibility potion, dashed out, went to farmer brun and gave him his son's body + 100g for 1500 xp. Then I went south again, and made my way to the Kozah dig site. I did the good way(evil way is too hard to solo) for more XP, then I went to Brage and did the good way(again, fighting him is too hard). This takes me to Nashkel.

Chapter 2: Picked up the Ankheg Plate. Tried killing the mage in the carnival, but nope, too hard, acid arrow hurts, so I went and found Samuel and brought him to the Friendly Arm for more XP. Wandering south, I had the good fortune of being ambushed by a ghast, which I kited and killed for 650xp. Ended up back in Nashkel, talked to Noober, and got JUST enough XP to hit 32k. Then I started assembling my army of evil.
    Post edited by Durenas on
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    Suggestion for you that I've been using as a Bounty Hunter - if you can get Algernon's cloak (I suspect you'll have to kill him since you're not a thief), you can use it to dominate ankhegs. Any time you can get two at once, they'll fight each other until the survivor is only one hit away from death. Alternatively, if you're willing to recruit a cleric, "command" works reasonably well at getting them to sit down long enough to kill them, as long as you spam it. "Sleep," unfortunately, no longer works.