Skip to content

Non mobile forum format while using mobile device?

marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
Is it possible to see the same forum interface I see on my desktop while using my mobile device? I'm not a fan of the mobile format.

Comments

• glenpglenp Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 23
    If you are using iOS push the "Share" button in Safari (the little box with arrow sticking out) and select "Request Desktop Site", in Android I believe you can change it in "Settings" to view desktop sites.
    marcerorJuliusBorisov
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    Safari always gets clunky when you use it to view a full site. I'd recommend downloading chrome for your mobile device.
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Thanks for the replies. I never knew that function was buried in Safari! That's very helpful.
    Chidojuan said:

Safari always gets clunky when you use it to view a full site. I'd recommend downloading chrome for your mobile device.

I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I almost always use the desktop sites on my iPhone, so I think I've gotten pretty good at navigating this way. But I guess it's always possible I'll find a website that is more of a challenge like this.

But mobile sites tend to restrict functionality, which annoys me. This particular mobile site forces me to navigate to the forum home when I'm done looking at a particular thread. I tend to browse a particular sub-forum, so the ability to go out of a thread to the corresponding sub-forum is sort of a base level requirement.
    I have absolutely no issues so far navigating the desktop format on my iPhone/Safari. This is much, much better.
    JuliusBorisov