Skip to content

Restore vanilla BG2 sprites

I know this will sound crazy to most, but I really don't like the look of the 1pp sprites. Is there a way to restore the vanilla sprites from BG2?

Comments

• UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    If you own the classic game you can extract the animations you would like to change and drop them in your EE override folder. (You can do all of it with just NearInfinity)

Come to think of it, you could probably also use the 1pp mod to extract the animations for you. Simply install it on your classic game and then go through the mod's backup folder and drop all the animation .bam files in your EE override.

Disclaimer: I haven't checked any of this. I'm just assuming that Beamdog did not change the file names of any of the animations or the animation types.)
  • Feral_SnowbornFeral_Snowborn Member Posts: 15
    Hmm, interesting. I'll give it a shot. Thanks pal
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2016
    I have done so, in my mini release:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37669/glows-and-paperdolls-mod

However come 2.0+ it causes black boxes around inventory screen. Dunno why, I guess they changed something internal. Works perfectly before that, my game on Ipad is 1.3. (with elven helmets obscuring their eyes)
    Couple it with improved bams mod for the truly authentic bg2 feel! Improved bams work with 2.0, incidentally. Inventory icons for nearly every item is different in bg2, I love them more, they look more intricate and detailed in bg2. Only regular chainmail feels better in bg1 version to me and I had to take it from another game/mod as bg2:ee uses bg2 chain mail as default for some reason, if I am not mistaken.