Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Non mobile forum format while using mobile device?

marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
Is it possible to see the same forum interface I see on my desktop while using my mobile device? I'm not a fan of the mobile format.

Comments

• glenpglenp Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 21
    If you are using iOS push the "Share" button in Safari (the little box with arrow sticking out) and select "Request Desktop Site", in Android I believe you can change it in "Settings" to view desktop sites.

marcerorJuliusBorisov
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 207
    Safari always gets clunky when you use it to view a full site. I'd recommend downloading chrome for your mobile device.

• marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Thanks for the replies. I never knew that function was buried in Safari! That's very helpful.

Chidojuan said:

Safari always gets clunky when you use it to view a full site. I'd recommend downloading chrome for your mobile device.

I'll give it a try and see how it goes. I almost always use the desktop sites on my iPhone, so I think I've gotten pretty good at navigating this way. But I guess it's always possible I'll find a website that is more of a challenge like this.

But mobile sites tend to restrict functionality, which annoys me. This particular mobile site forces me to navigate to the forum home when I'm done looking at a particular thread. I tend to browse a particular sub-forum, so the ability to go out of a thread to the corresponding sub-forum is sort of a base level requirement.

I have absolutely no issues so far navigating the desktop format on my iPhone/Safari. This is much, much better.

JuliusBorisov