Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: error loading [ag#dsalt.2da]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 19 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
Uninstalled 19 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "ag#dsalt.2da")
Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Automatically Skipping [Initialise mod (all other components require this)] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Initialise mod (all other components require this)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>
ERROR: error loading [ag#dsalt.2da]
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "ag#dsalt.2da")
Initialise mod (all other components require this) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component
again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent
time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the
program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

Ok so is there an easy Solution for this? Keep in mind i am an absolute noob in terms of Modding^^

It's my fifth attempt to install my BigWorld and i am tired of this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greetings Wutan

Comments

• So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    edited April 2016
    You are generally not supposed to install games in program files coz windows likes to mess with them... not to mention system partition *facepalm* I'd install it in something like D :/Steam blablabla.

As for the BWS, are you using newest version? You should attach weidu.log and debug files btw :)
  • wsmithjrwsmithjr Member Posts: 50
    I haven't had any trouble with SCS via BWS so either something is corrupt or as suggested, the file location is an issue.

I'm not a Steam expert, but I think Steam likes to install stuff under Program Files but I do know that you can tell Steam to install in a different location as I have done that.
  • So_LoWSo_LoW Member Posts: 62
    If you want to change default install location for steam go steam->settings->downloads->steam library folders.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    edited April 2016
    ok i have now tried my GOG Version. i also tried a Original Big World Installation.
    Installation Method: Baldur's Gate 2 / Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BWP)

The path i choose is the following:

C:\Users\Wutan\Games\Baldur's Gate BigWorld

The issue:

ERROR: illegal 2-byte read from offset 61562 of 506-byte file
    ERROR: [CDPP29.ITM] -> [override/CDPP29.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Read out of bounds"))

ERROR Installing [Initialise mod (all other components require this)], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 35 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    Uninstalled 35 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 1000.
    ERROR: Failure("Read out of bounds")
    Detailed error information can be found in the file SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG . For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
    Automatically Skipping [Initialise mod (all other components require this)] because of error.
    Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Initialise mod (all other components require this)

C:\Users\Wutan\Games\Baldur's Gate BigWorld>
    ERROR: [CDPP29.ITM] -> [override/CDPP29.ITM] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("Read out of bounds"))
    ERROR: Failure("Read out of bounds")
    Initialise mod (all other components require this) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component
    again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent
    time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the
    program. The BiG World Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

Have you any ideas guys how to fix this?
    What's the problem?

Btw i use the latest Update from BWS.
  • ChaugnarChaugnar Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I have the same problem as Wutan1988. I have tried to install several times the recommended selection for Baldur's Gate 2 / Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BWP) trough BWS, but the installation always fails because of this very same error. I still haven't found the way to fix it either.

Any advice on how to sort this out would be very welcomed.
  • bernardo401bernardo401 Member Posts: 2
    Same problem here. Also with the original BG versions by the way. Any help would be appreciated.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    @Wutan1988 I got a suspect for the CDPP29.ITM error, but a WeiDU.log (located in you game main folder, with baldur.exe) would be appreciated.

It goes something like this : Wheels of Prophecy installed, adds DW#MELRI.ITM, then tweaks anthology (allow multiple protection items, pnp restrictions) makes C!PP29 and CDPP29 from that ring, then you got klatu's tweaks (standardize immunities) which breaks both items and finally SCS checks for all items and crashes on these 2. Can you confirm you got these mods and components? (This is where providing a weidu.log helps)

If that's the case then go to klatu\backup\2030 and copy/paste the 2 items mentionned earlier to the override folder and restart BWS which should pick up where you closed it.
  • bernardo401bernardo401 Member Posts: 2
    I don't want to hijack Wutan's thread, but it seems that we have the same issue anyways.
    So here is my WeiDU.log.

Thank you for your help Iansounet!
  • ChaugnarChaugnar Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2016
    As anyone managed to sort this problem out already?

Last thing I tried is to extract manually the version 5 of Wheels of Prophecy in the BG2 folder, when the install stopped due to the fact that BWS only recognizes version 4.1of this mod, then I resumed the installation, but I encountered the same error message as before.

Any ideas of what could have gone wrong, and of how to solve this?
    Post edited by Chaugnar on
    @lansounet

yeah i installed all mods you mentioned except klatsu's tweaks. Unfortunaly i can't post the Weidu.log. anymore but @bernardo401 did it xd. Thank you for that. I hope the Mod Community can somehow solve this problem because i am not the only one with this problem. It botheres a lot of people i think.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    @Wutan1988 @bernardo401 Bit late answer, the culprit has actually been found, it was indeed from wheels of prophecy item and I wrongly focused on subsequent mods modifying this item. New version of wheels has the fix.
    Wutan1988
    @lansounet

n1 thank you very much. Then i can finally play BigWorld;D