Skip to content

[Resolved] Game freezes after choosing fate after defeating Mel

StonekingStoneking Member Posts: 39
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
So my game is freezing after I choose not to become a god, anyone else experience this bug? because of this I can't finish the game and its annoying me. I have tried reloading 3 times and doing the entire last boss battle again.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Haven't seen that before, does it work if you choose to become a god or still lock up?
  • StonekingStoneking Member Posts: 39
    Just tried it, still locks up and they just stand around on the screen, no cutscene triggering.
    edited April 2016
    So the game doesn't actually freeze, they just stand there? Maybe there is an unresolved conversation. You might try enabling the cheat keys and then hitting Ctl-i to cycle conversations if there are any left.
    Just tried that, no more conversations came up.
    edited April 2016
    Hmm, I found this in another thread herepertaining to a very similar problem at endgame in BG1 but maybe it would work for you here. Try this from clua.

C:SetGlobal("EndOfBG2","GLOBAL",1)
    Not sure what that is supposed to do, didn't seem to do anything.
    Ill try reinstalling the game.
    Nope, tried nearly everything. I have no idea what could of caused this, the rest of the game was fine.
    edited April 2016
    That is weird, sorry I can't think of anything else. I was thinking that variable might kick in the endgame sequence. Do you have a savegame you can attach, maybe right before the final fight? I will load it up and see what happens here.
    Hmm, I think you missed an area to the north... get ready first....
    edited April 2016
    place to the north? you mean the place I left the party standing next to? If so I left them there deliberately so you don't have to do the entire fight and can kill the last few enemies then kill Melissant, then you'll see if you get the same bug as I do.
    mf2112
    Well, I hate to tell you but it worked fine for me. I beat the last group, jumped in the pool, beat Melissan the final time and then the solar came in and went through the final dialog, including all the party member dialogs. I saved again right before jumping in the final pool and attached it, give it a try.
    edited April 2016
    mf2112 said:

Well, I hate to tell you but it worked fine for me. I beat the last group, jumped in the pool, beat Melissan the final time and then the solar came in and went through the final dialog, including all the party member dialogs. I saved again right before jumping in the final pool and attached it, give it a try.

Yes but did the final movie clip play after the final dialogues?
    edited April 2016
    Yes, everything. Melissan got destroyed, it went through the final movie until I clicked and then it went to the final character epilogs. Are you playing multi player or single player? I generally play multi to use the character arbitration menu, so what I did for your game was to copy all the files over all of the files in one of my quick save game slots, then I started BG2 and chose multi and then local network game and loaded quick save 4 in this case.
    edited April 2016
    I just tried the file you attached, the final cutscene still doesn't trigger after the dialogue options. maybe its the BG2 tweaks mod? or something else on my end..
    Yes, I have read about similar problems when using mods, especially ones that edit the dialog.tlk file. It seems more common when loading the tweaks and continuing an existing game rather than starting a new one. I haven't reinstalled the tweaks pack since 2.0/2.1 came out. I actually cleaned everything out before 2.0 came out and reinstalled everything fresh get a fresh set of files.
    If I was to just uninstall the tweaks do you think that might work?
    mf2112 said:

Yes, I have read about similar problems when using mods, especially ones that edit the dialog.tlk file. It seems more common when loading the tweaks and continuing an existing game rather than starting a new one. I haven't reinstalled the tweaks pack since 2.0/2.1 came out. I actually cleaned everything out before 2.0 came out and reinstalled everything fresh get a fresh set of files.

I managed to get the final cutscene to play by deleting the tweaks mod and doing full reinstall of BG2.

Thanks for all your help man, you've been awesome to stick with me through all of this and I really appreciate it. Thanks for being there.
    mf2112
    Stoneking said:

mf2112 said:

I managed to get the final cutscene to play by deleting the tweaks mod and doing full reinstall of BG2.

Thanks for all your help man, you've been awesome to stick with me through all of this and I really appreciate it. Thanks for being there.
    No problem, thanks for posting back that it finally did work for you!
    Gate70