Skip to content

BG:EE Broken achievements?

ShynShyn Member Posts: 73
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
No matter what I do, I cant seem to unlock;

- Back to Basics
- Noble Assistant
- Second Chance

I spoke to all the tutors multiple times and in multiple games (ever someone elses savegame) and it just wont unlock! And yes I did get the tutors inside with Winthrop, I even crossed them off and counted on paper just to make sure. Whatever I do/did, it wont unlock.

As for Noble assistant, I did get its counterpart (Forest Friend), but no matter how many times I side with Aldest Sashenstar and kill Seniyad, I wont unlock the achievement. I have tried to kill him in multiple ways (spells, arrowfire, quickly, slowly, etc) and more times then I can count on my hands and toes combined, but nothing.

Second chance wont unlock either, and thats just simply answering a riddle and taking Brage to the temple.

Is there anyone with a similar expirience on the matter, or even something in the way of a solution?

Obviously this doesnt exclude any future problems with other achievements that I have not yet ran into. But I started a new game with the aim to get as much of them as I can (because how can I NOT have all achievements on my favorite game ever) and enjoy the story once more before I move into SoD. So these are the ones that bug me so far because they just wont unlock.

Am I the only one?
Post edited by Shyn on

Comments

• ProtheusProtheus Member Posts: 1
    Well i have the same problem with 2 others in the main campaign:

- Water, water everywhere (whether choosing freeing or not freeing the miners option-both bugged)
    - Entertained (i recruit Baeloth in Larswood but still get no unlock)

And i have no idea how to unlock both. I have all the others of the original campaign (i am still unlocking the spear ones)
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    edited April 2016
    Achievements I definitely know that are bugged:

Original Game:
    Water, Water Everywhere

Siege of Dragonspear:
    Grim Deeds to Come...

One that I've been trying to unlock but won't for me is:
    You Choose... Poorly

Post edited by Metal_Hurlant on
  • ShynShyn Member Posts: 73
    I managed to get all of those mentioned achievements unlocked. But weirdly I needed to start a new game (In addition to all the savegames I had of candlekeep before unlocking) to have the 14th tutor show up. In all the saves I had he simply was not there.

Water, Water Everywhere is bugged for sure. I did this atleast 4 or 5 times, even on a fresh install, and no luck whatsoever.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Water Water should be OK, screen capture of the basics attached which I just took (ignore my stupidity in not picking up the key and having to return to Davaeorn, I do this about 50% of the time for some reason).

It is possible to unlock, however if you are finding missing a certain step or doing things in a different order are breaking it please report via Redmine with the steps taken to break it.

The things I did were
    - Speak to the plug miner first to obtain the key quest.
    - Give 100gp to Rill.
    - Kill Davaeorn during chapter 4.
    - Pick up the key.
    - Return to the plug miner.

Thanks
    I have done everything in that order (and a few times not in that order) even exactly the same as you did in the video and whatever I do it still will not unlock on any game I start.

The only thing I can still try is to repeat these exact steps on my laptop (which has a fresh install). But I have done it on that install a few times aswell with no luck.

I would love to help us both out and report this as an issue, but I dont know exactly how to put it. So what exactly should I report in that case? Because I have not taken any steps to try and break it, I do exactly as you suggest and it wont unlock.
    Same here. I did everything in that order and it's not unlocking for me either.
    edited April 2016

Same here. I did everything in that order and it's not unlocking for me either.

Thanks for posting that, I thought I was the only one!
    @Shyn @Metal_Hurlant can you each attach a zipped save for inspection please. Also, a screenshot in windowed mode.
    Thanks

Here's two zipped files. One before I talk to Rill and the second save is after I killed Davaeorn and just before I talk to the plug miner

• SilvarenSilvaren Member Posts: 178
    Anyone get?:
    - You Chose... Poorly
    - All the Allies
    - All the Enemies

I guess last two are for multiple playthrough.
    I'm in the process of playing through the game for All the Allies and All the Enemies so I may know by the end of the week. You choose.. poorly is one that hasn't unlocked for me despite going through multiple dialogues with Thrix.
    There you go... Whatever I do, whichever machine I use.... Nothing
  • SwashbucklerSwashbuckler Member Posts: 15
    I had a lot of trouble with 'Water, Water ...' too. Do a quicksave before talking to the miner in front of the sealed door. If the achievement doesn't pop, reload and try again. I finally got it to work after a few tries, and I think it *might* have been because I had Yeslick in the party, and he was the one who spoke to the miner to trigger the flood.

I had a lot of trouble with 'Water, Water ...' too. Do a quicksave before talking to the miner in front of the sealed door. If the achievement doesn't pop, reload and try again. I finally got it to work after a few tries, and I think it *might* have been because I had Yeslick in the party, and he was the one who spoke to the miner to trigger the flood.

Done this about 15 times in a row now.

Nothing.
    OK, this is reported now.
    Thanks
    Try doing it on Core Rules. It just popped for me on this difficulty.
    Worst Day Ever isn't coming for me, even though I have all three statuses on my character. :(
    How did you get each of the 3 effects. http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/21176 refers to ghast THAC0 penalties not causing disease even though it uses the diseased icon.
    edited May 2016

Try doing it on Core Rules. It just popped for me on this difficulty.

I usually play on core. Didnt change anything.

Worst Day Ever isn't coming for me, even though I have all three statuses on my character. :(

Worked for me. Try this:

Have a fatigued character, then cast the mage spell Contagion, and the druid/cleric's Poison on it. Obviously the character has to fail both saves to unlock the achievement, but that is what triggered mine.
    This is what I'm doing. My character is already fatigued. I have Edwin cast Contagion and Jaheira casts Poison on me. All three statuses show up on my character and nothing. Looks like another achievement that requires reloading until it pops.

Water, Water Everywhere. I must have reloaded 100 times over the last couple of weeks. It finally popped after I was changing the difficulty settings. Most likely had nothing to do with it. Just lucky that it finally came up.
    It must have been a coincidence because I just fiddled with the difficulty before and after handing over the quest to the miner. Did it a couple of times and nothing happened.

Odd that you cannot get the bad day thing to unlock, I tried it once and it just happened. Theres nothing special I did, so I wouldnt know what to tell you about how to do it.
    edited May 2016
    I seem to have the worst luck with achievements. The 'Family Reunion' achievement isn't unlocking when I find Glint's last relative Rhonda in the Warrens. The quest journal says it's finished but the achievement doesn't unlock.

Here's a screenshot of the quest journal which says it's finished.

Attached save game where I'm standing at Rhonda just before I finish the quest.

• hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Thanks @Metal_Hurlant - I've reported it in redmine as issue #23402. You will get the achievement when you return to the Allied Siege Camp as it is currently implemented.
    Thanks hook71. I was thinking it might unlock somewhere else as I haven't gone back to the Siege Camp yet.