Skip to content

Missing Race/Class Combos Paper Doll Mod?

HalfwiseHalfwise Member Posts: 78
edited April 2016 in General Modding
Hi, I was wondering if there are any mods that fill out the missing combinations of races and classes that modding can bring about. (like if you are using a class unlocker). Whenever I try some of the stranger combinations, I get a default male human in character creator.

For example:
Halfling Mages
Any Non-Human Monk
...That may actually be it...

I actually wouldn't even mind if it was something generic like "All monks missing a paper doll default to rogue appearance".

For context, here is a female halfling monk:

Grammarsalad

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Nah, paperdolls are a pain to make for a multitude of reasons. AFAIK aside from female dwarves there are very few straight-up original models, only changes to what was in the vanilla games. Monks in particular are a massive pain in the ass because their fists are coded as two-handed weapons and because of this model has unique two-handed animations not shared by any other races. It's not as simple as giving them an existing model.
    Halfwise
  • HalfwiseHalfwise Member Posts: 78
    @Artemius_I Thanks for the swift reply. It's disappointing but understandable.

I need to decide if I want to skip out on monastic order of faerun then.
    Or change my concept of a halfling mage with a Lim-Lim familiar to a gnome or something.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    @Artemius_I: Wouldn't it be possible to give them an existing model but have their attacks look silly? This is what happens when Monks are under Adalon's illusion, for example. They use Elf two-handed weapon animations.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2016
    @joluv Sure, you can. It's less a matter of "Can you do it?" and more "Can you deal with it?" it's a matter of preference. I personally can't, especially since it crashed my game a couple of times when I played vanilla BG2.

Edit: Actually I like the 'Monk' (as in Candlekeep monk/Cowled Wizard) model for elf monks, it looks slightly smaller than the human models and its animations actually look okay.
    joluv