Skip to content

Thieves guild bug

fbaggins01fbaggins01 Member Posts: 6
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
So I'm travelling from the shadow temp back to the docks and when I arrive I get a message:
"Journey took 16 hours" (As it should be)
"Your thieves have returned from their missions" (OK, cool)
"Renal will no wait for his due, you've now lost the guild" (Um... What!)

Doesn't seem right to lose the guild whilst traveling or resting, shouldn't we get 48 hours at least to report back after getting the notification that thieves have returned, or even better just automate the whole thing and deal with issues when collecting?

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Actually the two events (Thieves are back and Renal wants his share) are unrelated. The former will happen 5 day after you sent them, while the latter is 7 days after you last gave him his due. And you receive two different notifications for that, and have, I believe, 5 days to report to Renal's envoyee before losing the guild.
  • fbaggins01fbaggins01 Member Posts: 6
    Ah I thought the due came out at the time of speaking with the person who handles the missions, and didn't see the little guy who collects the due.
    I'll pay renal his $4000 and try this guild thing again then.
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    I hate the thieves guild. Unless I'm missing something, you send your thieves out on dangerous missions and they ALWAYS get captured and you almost ALWAYS owe money to Renal, which gets more and more expensive. Its really dumb.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    After reading the description, it seemed more like a *job* than a stronghold. I never tried it.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can try to jailbreak them yourself, if I am not mistaken, for the adventure (and possible rep hit) It has been ages since I played the stronghold though, and it may have been from a mod addition.
    Regardless, I agree it is kind of a let down. Bard and mage strongholds are better.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I hate that stronghold with a fiery passion. Yet another reason I don't play single-classed thieves.
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144
    Personally, instead of taking the thieves guild, I kill Renal and everyone else in that dumb building