Skip to content

[Resolved] Locked Bladur.ini file in BG: EE

fluffyfluffy Member Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
Hi guys,

I seem to have a problem changing the speed of the game.
There is no in-game option that I can find, and I have tried to change the 'Program Options', 'Maximum Frame Rate' 'whatevernumbersuitsmyfancy' in the Baldur.ini file located at C:\Users\myname\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition to no effect. Regardless of whatever number I set maximum frame rate to, I have the basic game-speed.

Searching for a solution, I found some old posts from back in 2012 having this issue as well, but it was apparently solved in a patch. However I have the very same issue now, at 2016 :(.

Is this intended? Is it a local problem just for moi? If anyone is sitting on an explaination, or possibly even a solution, please share it with me! I find it genuinely frustrating to play at such a low pace and it breaks my heart as it's such a fun and classic game.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Starting from patch 2.0, it's not Baldur.ini that you should change but Baldur.lua. The data to set hasn't changed but you have to write in a new form. From lines already in Baldur.lua (in principle the game recovered settings from Baldur.ini to create Baldur.lua) you should have no problem figuring how to add what you want.
  • fluffyfluffy Member Posts: 2
    Isaya the saviour to the rescue!

This solved my issue completely, thank you! :)
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    You're welcome.