Skip to content

NPCs continue to attack previously charmed party members

I am having a problem with the AI scripts. When one party member is charmed, the other party members will attack that party member. They will continue to do so even after the charm has worn off. I have tried turning off the AI for a bit and playing, but the second I turn the AI back on they will go right back to attacking. Currently experiencing this issue with Rasaad attacking Jaheira. I even let him kill her, but after I resurrected her he went right back to attacking. Is there a way to make it stop?

Comments

• GozetaGozeta Member Posts: 105
    They have to make sure you pay for your crime for assaulting them. Apparently their sentence is death.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    edited April 2016
    Kill Rasaad. Problem solved.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919

I am having a problem with the AI scripts. When one party member is charmed, the other party members will attack that party member. They will continue to do so even after the charm has worn off. I have tried turning off the AI for a bit and playing, but the second I turn the AI back on they will go right back to attacking. Currently experiencing this issue with Rasaad attacking Jaheira. I even let him kill her, but after I resurrected her he went right back to attacking. Is there a way to make it stop?

Seems like I had that before one time, I had to forcibly separate the characters in different directions and repeat the commands a couple times until they got far enough away out of vision range. Then I could turn AI back on. Of course I did not, I don't want stupid AI like that.
  • ToronadoToronado Member Posts: 4
    I haven't had this problem in SoD, but man did I have a problem with Drizzt in the fight with Bodhi. He was chasing poor Anomen all over the place and I was like, "come on, dude, I removed the charm spell, leave him alone!"
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    This was an issue in the original BG series too. Thing is, you pissed off the NPCs. Typically, the workaround is to either leave the map or reload a quick save.