Skip to content

Is there a way I could mod summoning multiple familiars with no HP bonus?

TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79
I wouldn't mind the Health bonus if there isn't a way to do it but I just want to Role play a human CN Conjurer with a major cat obsession without feeling like I'm cheating
and use this portrait.

if you have an answer please walk me through step by step because I've never modded a game without using steam to do it for me windows10 if you needed to know that, Thanks in advance!
cat.bmp 203.7K

Comments

• iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    well with more style for mages if you pick cat for your familiar and take along imoen, dualed to mage, and neera then both of their familiars are cats. technically they would not be all yours but you would have three cats following you around.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    1st of all, that is an incredible idea! Love the portrait

Second: unfortunately @iavasechui 's idea will not work, because only the main character can have a familiar

Third: there MIGHT be a way you can do it. If you download EE Keeper here https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-3

You can edit saved games by following the instructions, and can insert items into your characters inventory. I believe one of those items will be a cat familiar. You can add five, then when you load the game you will have five in your inventory. Might be short on space for other loot at times, but I think its worth it.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited April 2016
    More style for mages added familiars for the other characters, its in the latest update. The npcs dont get bonus hp or a con penalty like the main character does though. You just need enough scrolls. Neera and Imoen both have theirs set to cat, Garrick gets a rabbit, Xan gets a mephit. I haven't recruited others to check theirs yet.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I don't know but you can pick what you want your familiar to be when you create it no matter what your alignment is. Though I don't know if or how it deals with fairy dragon vs psuedo dragon.
  • TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79

1st of all, that is an incredible idea! Love the portrait

Second: unfortunately @iavasechui 's idea will not work, because only the main character can have a familiar

Third: there MIGHT be a way you can do it. If you download EE Keeper here https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-3

You can edit saved games by following the instructions, and can insert items into your characters inventory. I believe one of those items will be a cat familiar. You can add five, then when you load the game you will have five in your inventory. Might be short on space for other loot at times, but I think its worth it.

Thanks ill look into what you mentioned!