Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Possible to tweak Neera's script when using Staff of the Magi?

fantasmafantasma Member Posts: 33
As I'm sure we're all aware of, Staff of the Magi allows wielder to cast a very long duration version of spelltrap/day. I edited bdneerac.bcs to cast it everyday, but it would rather cast dispel magic on Neera.
Below are codes I used to script this.
IF ActionListEmpty() HasItem("staf11",Myself) // Staff of the Magi !GlobalTimerNotExpired("BD_Cast","LOCALS") CheckStatLT(Myself,1,WIZARD_SPELL_TRAP) !Detect([EVILCUTOFF]) THEN RESPONSE #100 SetGlobalTimer("BD_Cast","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND) UseItem("staf11",Myself) // Staff of the Magi END
because Staff of the Magi has 3 different item uses, which are fireball, lightning bolt and spelltrap, I assume I'd have to use action other than UseItem here, but am clueless to find out which one I should be using.

Comments

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    UseItem() has variants like UseItemSlotAbility(O:Target*, I:Slot*, I:Ability*), then you have to make sure the staff is always in the same slot. Something like UseItemSlotAbility("staf11",1,2) might work (?).

And maybe a better trigger like HasWeaponEquiped("staf11") or HasItemEquiped("staf11",Myself)

• fantasmafantasma Member Posts: 33
    edited April 2016
    I worked around the problem by using
    ApplySpellRES("staf11",Myself)
    which just applies spelltrap ability without consuming the charge of the staff. Exploitable, but it works for the sake of convenience :*