Skip to content

Possible to tweak Neera's script when using Staff of the Magi?

fantasmafantasma Member Posts: 35
As I'm sure we're all aware of, Staff of the Magi allows wielder to cast a very long duration version of spelltrap/day. I edited bdneerac.bcs to cast it everyday, but it would rather cast dispel magic on Neera.
Below are codes I used to script this.
IF ActionListEmpty() HasItem("staf11",Myself) // Staff of the Magi !GlobalTimerNotExpired("BD_Cast","LOCALS") CheckStatLT(Myself,1,WIZARD_SPELL_TRAP) !Detect([EVILCUTOFF]) THEN RESPONSE #100 SetGlobalTimer("BD_Cast","LOCALS",ONE_ROUND) UseItem("staf11",Myself) // Staff of the Magi END
because Staff of the Magi has 3 different item uses, which are fireball, lightning bolt and spelltrap, I assume I'd have to use action other than UseItem here, but am clueless to find out which one I should be using.

Comments

• lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    UseItem() has variants like UseItemSlotAbility(O:Target*, I:Slot*, I:Ability*), then you have to make sure the staff is always in the same slot. Something like UseItemSlotAbility("staf11",1,2) might work (?).

And maybe a better trigger like HasWeaponEquiped("staf11") or HasItemEquiped("staf11",Myself)
  • fantasmafantasma Member Posts: 35
    edited April 2016
    I worked around the problem by using
    ApplySpellRES("staf11",Myself)
    which just applies spelltrap ability without consuming the charge of the staff. Exploitable, but it works for the sake of convenience :*