Skip to content

Looking for a tutorial

Grimo88Grimo88 Member Posts: 191
Hi all

I am looking to make an NPC mod for IWD. Ambitious for a first project, but there you have it. I will start very small, but will want to eventually do interjections and banters. Any tutorials out there for a beginner?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    I do not know of any, but fully support your initiative. Such a mod is much needed! Preferably with some evil, neutral character needing to cooperate with do-gooders :).
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/22536/npc-modding-tutorial

Also, try googling baldurs gate 2 npc modding tutorials. There are some good ones on spellhd studios and gibberlings3. Now that IWDEE is released, the coding for the two engines is very similar. There are some differences, but you will find out what they could be as you learn.

IWDEE has a lot of untapped potential for modding npcs. There is only one npc mod that I know of for the game.

I am currently learning/planning npc modding for IWD myself. I am not interested in doing either bg game right now. There are just too many expectations for the npcs in that game that I just don't agree with. For example, I don't think that every npc romance mod should have to be kidnapped by bodhi; I knew that if I coded one like that, I would probably get complaints.