Skip to content

Stealth and Find Traps

rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
At the risk if infringing on people's memories of the perfect game, (most of those feathers are thoroughly ruffled already,) I think it would be *great* if stealth *and* find traps modes can be used simultaneously. (or maybe, Stealth Mode should also detect traps, or they should all be combined into one, all encompassing, rogue passive skills mode.)

I think it's kind of silly/shame that I almost never use thief stealth. Invisibility is required for scouting in potentially trapped areas.

Comments

• marelionmarelion Member Posts: 5
    Sounds perfectly reasonable to turn Stealth into more than a backstab-enabler. Especially since as a newcomer to Infinty engine games one would expect rogues to be able to do that.

The stealth mode you suggest is a wonderful feature in PoE, but I am not quite sure if the Infinity engine would allow the devs to create one. I would be perfectly happy already if stealth and trap search mode could be activated simultanously.

• SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    I conversely almost never use find traps b/c it doesn't work w/ stealth. We do need simultaneous stealth and find traps.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    I think neverwinter nights(?) had this ability. I recall it made you walk extra slow.
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    As it is, however, I tend to either have a stealthed agent walk slightly ahead of a trap finder, or, if my thief can do both, i toggle between them. Stealth, detect, walk, leaving shadows, leaving shadows, leaving shadows. Almost left? Stealth, detect, walk, leaving shadows, leaving shadows,...

Get the picture? You're still in the shadows when you're detecting, but it takes management of counting until your time is up and you will be out of the shadows and then hiding again.
  • PartyLikeANinjaStarPartyLikeANinjaStar Member Posts: 15
    A combined feature would be nice and better, but it's manageable with out. Now, my PC does all the stealth and I keep Imoen close behind on traps. In a way, this is actually safer. It forces you to pause and slow down and wait for traps to be detected rather than just pushing forward and potentially setting off a trap before you get a chance to detect it.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    edited April 2016
    Is stealth working properly yet? Or has it been reported as a bug related to what is in this thread:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/51893/stealth-is-broken/p2

I'd report it myself, but as mentioned in that thread I don't know where to post it. Might be an idea of Beamdog get it working properly first before they tackle the task mentioned. Which would be great also.

Otherwise I expect (unless your a shadowdancer) every time you disarm a trap, you de-stealth and the enemies make a beeline for your party. At least I'm assuming this is the case. Haven't played it yet because of this issue.