Skip to content

Do I have any mods in BG2EE?

AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
Last week I installed GOG'sBG2EE 2.1.63.2. For some reason it is full of glitches, crashes a lot, etc. I'm wondering if this might be related to the SCS mod I installed for BGEE.

I finished BGEE a few weeks ago and I still have it installed in my PC with the SCS mod. The SCS mod worked pretty well in BGEE. I'm wondering if it's possible that my SCS installation from BGEE might be causing the problems in BG2EE. In BG2EE I haven't installed any mods, but sometimes I see the "X quaffs a potion" message that only appeared in BGEE after I installed SCS. Also, some of the AI seems a bit like SCS.

So, is it possible that this happened? How can I check it?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    OK, so maybe this is it. I do have an override folder with 5 files inside:

What does it mean?
    OK, I have uninstalled everything with Revo Uninstalller, just in case, and manually deleted everything that was left even after Revo, except for the saved games. Then I reinstalled just BG2EE. No tweaking, no mods, nothing but plain Vanilla.

It looks like it's a bit better now, but not much. There are still bugs even before I start a game:

Before the reinstallation, every time I used Alt + Tab the game crashed. Now, when I use Alt + Tab, it generally works and it only crashes now and then. I guess that's progress.

The intro of the Black Pits movie displays some very weird text at the bottom of the screen that definitely doesn't belong there: "I will make changes. In five days, I will tell you the result of their work. Until then, speak with Lathan." It goes on like this for a while.

My installation file is called setup_baldurs_gate2_enhanced_edition_2.2.0.4.exe, which is funny, because, AFAIK, 2.2 hasn't been released yet. The game itself says the version is 2.1.63.2.

So, no placebo effect here. My game does have bugs.
    Done. A few of them, actually. This is the most important one:

http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/23158
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Alonso said:

Done. A few of them, actually. This is the most important one:

http://support.baldursgate.com/issues/23158

Just a warning: that may not be something that's fixable. There is no way to make BGEE or BG2EE open in "Windowed Mode". Alt+Tab has been buggy...forever if you're not dealing with programs in Windowed Mode. This has gotten better on Windows 10, but still...not a lot can be done. It's an OS issue.
    Happily I have fixed this one already. Turns out the solution was just to update my graphics driver. With all the confusion with bugs, versions, mods, etc., I had forgotten to check that. The other bugs still need to be fixed, though.