Skip to content

Wallpaper request and a conspiracy theory...

I finally got the time to try Siege of Dragonspear and I love it so far (got my Paladin to coalition camp, but then my restarteritis kicked in and I wanted to become a Bard x_x).

After playing it and finding Corwin awesome (my favourite new character ^_^) I was wondering if you had any wallpapers for SoD or are planning to create some?
I looked but couldn't find any.. =/

Aside from Corwin - have I mentioned that I think she is awesome?- I really like the characters expansions of Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc & Dynaheir. I needed to get used to Glint, but he is fun too (for me the player, my Paladin is troubled with him :D) I'm going to try a darkish party with my Bard (I'm not sure I will be able to part from Corwin though =/ ).

Oh! I also like the few scenes with Imoen! They strengthened my feeling that Imoen is a good natured and (slightly) more restrained version of Neera =P

Aside from that I noticed something huge:
After rereading some lines of the "Hooded One" I noticed that he seems to know *very* much about what happened in BG1, seems to know what will happen in SoD and I had the feeling that he even knew some stuff about BG2. That made me thinking.. Iirc BD said that Bioware had some "ideas" for the time between BG1&2 and the Irenicus arc is the true highlight, while the ToB part has some plotholes and other problems.. The reason for that is: ToB is pure fiction. In truth Irenicus succeeded with his plan, but did not become a god but transported himself into another dimension.. I assume he sold his (and the Bhaalspawns) biography to Bioware -with some D&D flavour- to get enough money to start a live here and plot his return. Since the story of SoD fits so well, it seems that Beamdog hired him again - but they did not. Irenicus is a mage -a skill that could translate well to programming- and he is pretty buff, so it is obvious who Irenicus truly is: Trent Oster! O_O

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Let's just pretend that TOB does not exist, shall we? :)
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Aedan said:

No.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    DJKajuru said:

Aedan said:

No.
    I don't really dislike ToB.. Sure it has some problems, but that is mostly because it was rushed (and turned into an AddOn iunstead of a seperate game).
    I did only play through it two or three times though, but that was partly because I somehow got it much much later then SoA ^^ (I loved SoA and replayed it so much that I memorized the entire script :D)

I was sad about Viconias ending, I prefer happy ends.. -which is part of the reason I'm scared of actually playing through it again.. x_x
  • saoxsaox Member Posts: 104
    What was the plotholes in ToB ?
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    I don't remember much tbh, since I havn't played it in ages, but one of the ones I remember was the thing with the different accord about CHARNAMEs mother in BG1 and ToB (which was fixed in SoD)

I mostly remember that the pacing was pretty rushed, I mean you took less time to defeat the 5 most powerful rival Bhaalspawn then you needed to defeat Daevorn or finish the Underdark..

I think it just wasted a lot of potential, so I would love an expansion around it, but I will take an BG3 too :D

Also, I find the final baaad. Amelyssan was cute, I would have offered giving her the essence in exchange for ... a good deal. I mean, looking back at it, if Amelyssan would have been given the essence and just made CHARNAME into her chosen, s/he would survieve the Sundering and Bhaal would still be a dead deity.. So, all in all, it should have given us the option "I trade my divine essence for the love of a goddess." She just wanted to be loved x_x (yes I will shut up now =P)
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    Arcanis said:

Amelyssan was cute, I would have offered giving her the essence in exchange for ... a good deal.

Well...she's also chaotic evil and incredibly manipulative. I don't know that the FR world needed an evil version of Sune running around. LOL