Skip to content

SPOILERS (potential) Siege of Dragonspear plot ?

2»

Comments

• madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 140
    edited October 2015
    It's Trias the Betrayer with the Girdle of Masculinity/femininity on.
    Post edited by madmaximus on
  • H_BusinessH_Business Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2015
    So I was reading the Forgotten Realms Wiki for Dragonspear Castle, http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonspear_Castle
    and saw this interesting entry:

1363 DR
    The Second Dragonspear War. Devils retake Dragonspear Castle and build an army of humanoids, plus a dominated dragon. This fiend-led army destroys The Way Inn and attacks Daggerford before being defeated by a motley force led by adventurers.

I know that the timeline doesn't quite match up, it's like 5 years off or something, but I have a feeling that the writers were willing to take some liberties with the timeline to make this event fit into the Bhaalspawn saga. It sounds to me like the shining lady is a devil-dominated metallic dragon, controlled by evil but not evil herself.
  • chbrookschbrooks Member Posts: 86

So I was reading the Forgotten Realms Wiki for Dragonspear Castle, http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonspear_Castle
    and saw this interesting entry:

1363 DR
    The Second Dragonspear War. Devils retake Dragonspear Castle and build an army of humanoids, plus a dominated dragon. This fiend-led army destroys The Way Inn and attacks Daggerford before being defeated by a motley force led by adventurers.

I know that the timeline doesn't quite match up, it's like 5 years off or something, but I have a feeling that the writers were willing to take some liberties with the timeline to make this event fit into the Bhaalspawn saga. It sounds to me like the shining lady is a devil-dominated metallic dragon, controlled by evil but not evil herself.
    The quote you cited is a synopsis of the adventure module Hordes of Dragonspear. While it might factor in as backstory, I would bet against it being a part of the main plot - and, quite honestly, it would be really disappointing if the much-anticipated expansion turned out to be nothing more than an adaptation of a mediocre module from 1992.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Vitor said:

What are the chances the Shinning Lady being an Aasimar or a Solar?

Solar or Planetar are too strong by far to fit in a 50-500k exp adventure.
    I cannot remember their exact challenge rating but I believe it is around 16 for planetar and 22 for solar, which is far too high.
    Aasimar would fit very well however, matching the Charisma, Divine heritage, supernatural powers, in fact everything that defines the Shining Lady.

My guess would be a Lawful good villain, drunken with her power, thinking she can take Hell on, or maybe LG that was corrupted.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    edited December 2015
    Could we discuss speculation and motivations behind the plot and evaluating situation after the events of BG and established developments in BG2. Will the main theme be
    1. wanting the godhood
    2. returning the godhood
    3. imense power hunger
    4. revenge
    5. destiny
    6. disturbance in magic
    7. mad wizard
    8. betrayal (it comes with revenge)
  • ahhyepahhyep Member Posts: 114
    bump :)
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    To think that... Bah, nevermind.

Good eye, man @Calzad
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    Sorry to bump this old thread but now that the game is out and for those who finished SoD...
    @Calzad was right about Belhifet.