Skip to content

Can Korgan be changed slightly in the next update?

From Lawful Evil to Lawful Neutral and become a dwarven defender?

He'd be a more useful PC, and he would leave if the reputation got too good or bad as he wouldn't care. And could still be and ass to party members as he just grumpy ass dwarf anyways

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Knowing how the devs think, I am sure they would never do that. Your best bet would be to look for a mod or ask someone to make one for you.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    But but...he's not neutral in his doings and personality. Let alone lawful. He's chaotic evil and acts mostly neutral evil. Berserker class is an absolute powerhouse too, there's no reason and need for dwarven defender in SoA.
    Plus there's no way that's going to change in a patch but you are after all welcome to EEkeeper his stats to make him a lawful neutral dwarven defender yourself. :)
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited May 2016
    *Kagain

EDIT: Actually I just noticed that this is in the BG2 section so now I'm confused as well.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Korgan is chaotic evil
    Kagain is lawful evil
    Whichever do you mean?

Korgan is not so evil for evils sake. Like Dorn is. Korgan has a soft side for children and with Mazzy he can even learn to channel his rage to more deserving targets only.
    He is still quite obnoxious, though, just ugly, repugnant and vile, as evidenced by his low cha. Dorn is more handsome but is actually the more monstrous one.

As for Kagain, he is your sterotypical greedy evil dwarf. He does not care about anything but his monetary gains.
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2016
    lunar said:

Korgan is chaotic evil

Korgan is not so evil for evils sake. Like Dorn is. Korgan has a soft side for children and with Mazzy he can even learn to channel his rage to more deserving targets only.

Just because you're evil doesn't mean you can't have a soft side for certain things.
    You can be the reincarnation of a god of murder, ha, and still want to save your childhood friend who you love as family while doing whatever it takes and not giving a rats ass about the lives of anyone who stands in your way and doing horrific things to reach your goals.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Well, true, but still, look at Dorn. When compared he is more evil.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

Both Kagain and Korgan need a personality overhaul. They are rude, sexist and stereotypical dwarves (short people), and should be changed into handsome, transgendered strapping 6-footers with soft values and a love for peace and flowers, to better reflect our diverse society of today. :p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Haaa...

Puh!!..

Good lord you're so funny and creative!

I bet you're great at parties.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited May 2016
    Who art thou, who answers sarcasm with sarcasm? This board ain't big enough for the two of us. Are you gonna throw rocks at me? What about now? Away with you, beggar!
    Post edited by fkirenicus on
  • AriusArius Member Posts: 92
    edit I got Kagain's and Korgan's alignments flipped in my head. And actually making the BOTH Dwarven Defenders would be cool.

Kagain could be moved from Lawful evil to lawful neutral and Korgan could be moved from Chaotic Evil to Chaotic Neutral
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    If alignment is such a hassle for you jst download the bg2 tweakpack and install the component "NPCs never leave because of high reputation."
    Korgan being Dwarven Defender is a bad idea. Kagain, on the other hand, would be fine as such.
    Anyway, it's not going to happen globally, you'll have to keeper it.
    Queegon said:

If alignment is such a hassle for you jst download the bg2 tweakpack and install the component "NPCs never leave because of high reputation."
    Korgan being Dwarven Defender is a bad idea. Kagain, on the other hand, would be fine as such.
    Anyway, it's not going to happen globally, you'll have to keeper it.

I figure if they going to introduce a new kit why not have an NPC with that kit they introduced. I mean thats what they did with the black guard and the monk as well as the wild mage.

Also I figure it never hurts to ask.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    @Arius Beamdog can't change the original NPC's. It's part of the provisions of their contract with WoTC.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636

Both Kagain and Korgan need a personality overhaul. They are rude, sexist and stereotypical dwarves (short people), and should be changed into handsome, transgendered strapping 6-footers with soft values and a love for peace and flowers, to better reflect our diverse society of today. :p

troll/0

:wink:
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    I don't want to see anyone tamper with the classes, alignments or whatever, of any of the BG/BG2 original NPCs.

That's for modding.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I think I'll add this to a mod - kaigan, not korgan, to dwarven defender. One thing about kaigan is his threshold for morale failure seems unusually high which doesn't really fit with an immovable object of a dwarven defender
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    this seems like something to add to the tweak pack. it already changes khalidto a fighter/mage, makes jaheira neutral good, and korgan neutral evil. so why not change kaigain's class to defender?
    BillyYank said:

@Arius Beamdog can't change the original NPC's. It's part of the provisions of their contract with WoTC.

Didn't know that. Then I would suggest adding another NPC as a Dwarf Defender then playable all throughout the platforms like Dorn or Rashaad for example. My original request stemmed from my thinking it would take less work to tweak an existing NPC than create a new one. As that's not possible a playable NPC dwarven defender would be very cool imo.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I always Keeper-change Kagain to a Dwarven Defender, as it just seems to fit with his role as supreme tank in the game. But I'd never expect such a change to be made official.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    I'm less sure Kagain really fits with what a dwarven defender really is. I'll assume the forgotten realms wiki cites official publications on the matter when it says things like:
    These individuals take pride from the noble history of their race and its constant vigilance against exterior threats such as giants or goblinoids...
    They are masters of the dwarven fighting traditions as well as devoted to the protection and continued prosperity of their brethren.
    None of which really describes Kagain, the solitary shop keeping mercenary dwarf of Beregost, mostly interested in money and self-preservation, albeit with a hearty constitution.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Queegon said:

But but...he's not neutral in his doings and personality. Let alone lawful. He's chaotic evil and acts mostly neutral evil. Berserker class is an absolute powerhouse too, there's no reason and need for dwarven defender in SoA.
    Plus there's no way that's going to change in a patch but you are after all welcome to EEkeeper his stats to make him a lawful neutral dwarven defender yourself. :)

I disagree on him being chaotic evil. He is much more chaotic neutral in his actions and outlook, especially after he has his Mazzy dialogue. But I do agree that berserker fits him perfectly.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    What why? This makes no sense and now I'm confused.

Also NO!!!

If you want to do that, then just EEkeeper it yourself.