Skip to content

Thief not regaining skills after dual class

TranquilTranquil Member Posts: 2
I decided to dual-class Imoen at level 6 into a mage. She just hit level 7 mage and regained some of her thief abilities (like being able to use a shortbow), but all of her actual thieving skills are reset back to base levels (open locks and find traps at 25 and 10 instead of 100). I tried reloading to the battle just before she leveled up to see if it was a one-time glitch, but when she hit level 7 again the same thing happened.

Has anyone else run into this problem and/or learned how to fix it?

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• solifugaesolifugae Member Posts: 5
    Something must have caused a bug with dual classing recently, as I am having a similar but slightly different issue. I have been playing a dual classsed PC for the first time and just now reached the point where I should have unlocked my original fighter weapon proficiencies but they are completely missing. (Didn't dual class into cleric so it's not the weapon restriction thing.) I can equip fighter weapons again, but I only have the two proficiency points that were spent in my second class.

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Loss of proficiencies has been reported and addressed in the latest patch, was caused by starting a dual-class and then cancelling. If you started a game on v2.1.63.n and experienced the same issue, please could you try and reproduce from a clean game and report it as per https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bug

I can reproduce Imoen's issue on v2.0.62.2 and cannot reproduce it on v2.1.63.2, again backing out of a level-up looks to be involved. You've probably also lost her thief weapon proficiencies.

Once affected, you would need to use something like EE Keeper to re-apply the missing skills/proficiencies.
    Thanks
  • TranquilTranquil Member Posts: 2
    Ah, I do remember debating with myself whether or not to dual class Imoen, so it's highly likely I backed out and re-applied the dual class at some point. I've been playing the game slowly during free time so I'm sure it happened before the v2.1.63.n patch. I do appreciate the reply and advice though!
  • DrizzzDrizzz Member Posts: 3
    I'm having this problem as well. Can anyone tell me how to fix it? Thx
  • theperm222theperm222 Member Posts: 84
    Hi having the same issue... any help is appreciated. Dualed Imoen at 5 regaining at 6 lost all weapon proficiencies and thief skills
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    You either need to use an editor like EE Keeper, or zip and attach a save here with details of what proficiencies need to be added back.

I've just done one reported in Redmine, possibly theperm222 as that affected Imoen at those levels.