Skip to content

Bag of Holding in BG1 EE?

Ok everyone o got the Gem Bag and Scroll Case and is there a Bag of Holding in BG1 EE and if so can a kind soul spoil me as to its location so i dont miss it?

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Gem Bag:
    by Neera in Beregost.

Scroll Case:
    From Firebead Elvenhair, when you do his quest.

Bag of Holding:
    As far as i know this is not accessable in BG1 without mods.
  • qwert_44643qwert_44643 Member Posts: 311
    Ok thanks so much for the info...
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    There is, however, a potion case
    in High-hedge

I usually manage to dedicate someones' full inventory to holding my pots after a full day of adventuring so I always make sure to get it early on.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    You can get a bag of holding through the console, but make sure it is bag31 as it is the only empty one.
    edited May 2016
    thanks everyone..........i forgot about the potion case and im close to there

I could have sworn 1 of the new companions had a bag of holding you could take with a coffin in it i wanna say and you could take it...could be mistaken tho.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    That's Hexxat in BG2:EE
  • sb81848889sb81848889 Member Posts: 51
    I took BillyYanks advice, however I spent far less than 12,000 GP. Since there is a bag of holding for sale in BG2 somewhere for 895 GP I think, I considered it a black market purchase from Thalantyr for 1200 GP.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    edited May 2016
    Obviously it's up to you, but I don't consider the Arcana Archives price to be an especially useful data point here. Sure, you're allowed to buy one for 800 gold at around level 20, after doing a quest for the shopkeeper, in a city where Short Swords +2 have the exact same price as Short Swords +3. What does that really tell us?

In IWDEE, you can buy a Bag of Holding from Orrick for 12,000 at much lower levels or from
    Hobart Stubbletoes
    for 6,000 at level 9+. I think those examples indicate that it's a powerful magical item that's very valuable to a low-level party. Surely it should cost more than a Short Sword +1 from the Thunderhammer Smithy.
    Post edited by joluv on
    I was afraid of that, now I feel guilty and have to give mine to the nearest poor beggar and earn 5000 GP for a new one. sighhhhhhhhhhhh
    ok guys enlighten me how i console this?
    Enabling the console is explained here.

The specific command you use to create the bag is C:CreateItem("bag31"). If you want to simulate spending, for example, 5000 gold on it, then also use C:AddGold("-5000").
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    edited May 2016
    I think, plot wise, the natural place to add a Bag of Holding would be in Tazok's tent (bandit camp.). However, having to cross the length of Cloakwood forest without unlimited inventory is the one place where I would say it actually matters, so adding a bag before then would have an impact on game difficulty/balance.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    a completely unnoticeable effect because it would only help you financially while the game economy is already completely broken

the only situation when it's cheating is if you have to carry for example wyvern heads or ankheg shells and no character is strong enough
    Hey all.... thanks for all the comments..... I decided that I'm just not going to get it, maybe in Baldur's Gate 2 i'll get it because I think if they meant meant for it to be in there they would have put it in bg....but anyways thanks everybody
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    Oops, for some reason, I thought it was Tazok making the the trips with bags.. Thank you for the correction.
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    I think the only time my party really wanted a bag of holding was during the return to Candlekeep although having one in Baldurs Gate would have been nice but there are a lot of safe storage containers in the city that no one is using (which is great) - otherwise just find a safe storage area that is convenient to store your surplus weapons and items - keeping only the things that are needed for adventuring.

Hey all.... thanks for all the comments..... I decided that I'm just not going to get it, maybe in Baldur's Gate 2 i'll get it because I think if they meant meant for it to be in there they would have put it in bg....but anyways thanks everybody

I agree with this point, however I simply need one to carry only books in mine, so that I really just want a book bag in my role playing style. Its worth less than 5000 GP if I just call it a book bag, wish I could rename the file on just my bag of holding to book bag.
    if you don't want a bag of holding you might still want the ammo belt which is absent in bg:ee
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    Honestly, I think that the bags in this game (especially the first installment) is game breaking. It sure makes it more easy to transport items, sort scrolls/potions. But the bags make the game much easier when talking about economy. If you didn't have bags it would be impossible or very time consuming to actually bring out all the shiny items out of dungeons. Simply because your inventory would be flooded with potions, ammunition and scrolls (saved for a rainy day).

Ever noticed how you become filthy rich by the time you return to Candlekeep? Try not using bags and manage your inventory manually. That, my friend, is the real challenge in this game. You can try to recall that there was a time when stack of arrows was 20 instead of 80 :)

TLDR: inventory space allows you to efficiently bring stuff to merchants and get tons of gold. Which makes the game easier than it should be cuz you can afford almost everything that merchants have to offer.
    edited May 2016
    ever noticed how you become filthy rich no matter what you do?

i just finished a completionist BG:EE playthrough and didn't use bag of holding or ammo belt just for the sake of seeing what it's like. it was dumb and i regret it sorely. in the end i was swimming in gold anyway and was able to bring everything over to SoD including all the valuable projectiles...and almost all of the unique weapons including for example the +2 axe which is unique only in name

not spawning the containers was pointless pointless suffering.

i don't pick up mundane loot even when i have all the containers. it's just not worth the time you put in picking it up and putting it in the bag.

if you want evidence i can attach a savegame
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    Maybe that differs for veterans like you (you probably have done ~10runs) with some meta knowledge. And the young ones with less than 1 run-trough. I have finished BG1 2 times and I still collect everything, because I never know when will I need a certain potion or when will I get a new pip for my fighters.

I am glad that the containers have been introduced, but when I try to play without them, I simply leave out so many items (mostly +1 weapons/armor). Oftentimes, I leave them unidentified. And these items, especially at early levels can mean life of grind or a waterside ride. If you don't have the money you can't afford +1 ammunition for marksmen, potions and better equipment in general.

there already is a potion bag so you can collect as many potions as you can fit in there. who puts potions in the bag of holding anyway (hardcore hoarders i'd say)?

some potions are patently useless. for example why would you hoard antidotes when you have elixirs of health? why would you hoard potions of stone form when you have enough potions of invulnerability? why hoard *both* potions of perception and of master thievery - your thief probably doesn't suck at everything etc etc.
    this is not expert knowledge imo.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Elixirs of health cure poison?
    edited May 2016

Elixirs of health cure poison?

yep
    bob_veng said:

if you don't want a bag of holding you might still want the ammo belt which is absent in bg:ee

Damn im writing all these down for later play...can you tell me the console commands to get the ammo belt in BG:EE or am i misunderstanding and its not in BG:EE at all?
    C:CreateItem("bag05")