Skip to content

Make war, not love.

2»

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609

I think by now at least a third of my characters are modded to bypass race/class restrictions.
    I have a halfling bard, a half-orc sorcerer, a dwarf wild mage and a gnome druid. Might be forgetting some.

A woman after my own heart. :)
  • marzbarzmarzbarz Member Posts: 187
    It bugs me half-lings don't wear shoes. Like wtf Frodo! Were your feet +100% cold resistant climbing those mountains.....

I thought bg basilisks were always the most deadly/scary monster in Baldurs gate 1
    Like the turn you to stone when you look at them medusa style....Damn....

I was kinda sad not to see any in bg2...or as many. Ankhegs too. There should have been a queen ankheg who had slightly stronger scale mail for dem druids...
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    marzbarz said:

It bugs me half-lings don't wear shoes. Like wtf Frodo! Were your feet +100% cold resistant climbing those mountains.....

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028

Sometimes they're right handed. It depends on which direction they're moving or facing. It's called "mirrored sprites" and using them had something to do with the technology of the time. I think it couldn't be changed because it's part of the fundamental hard-coded design of the game.

Ah, the good ol' days of sprites...
    marzbarz said:

It bugs me half-lings don't wear shoes.

Hah! That never bothered me so much. I guess living out in the boondocks, running around without shoes was just normal. In 5e, all my Lightfoot halflings go shoe-less, all my Stouts wear boots.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Buttercheese , Was that half-orc sorcerer named Xanos, by any chance? ;)
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Nop, she was named Brie Cheese :3
    (She's the one in my avatar and my D&D persona.)
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Its completely stupid that enemy factions weren't implemented properly in BG.

for instance, when you get chased by bandits and along the way a random ghast, 2 wolves and a couple gnolls join in the fray. That's an epic 5 teams brawl right here. But nah, lets just focus charname because obviously ghouls dont mind tagging along humans with red circles.

At least they fixed that for demons in bg2, sometimes.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028

@Buttercheese , Was that half-orc sorcerer named Xanos, by any chance? ;)

Hah! I just started playing Shadows of Undrentide and for some reason decided to take him along, despite his personality.

I wonder if there's a story behind that.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on