Skip to content

Is there a mod for removing gender restrictions on romance?

JeivarJeivar Member Posts: 53
I kind of want to do an all-female party, but still get my dose of Jaheira.

Comments

• ReddbaneReddbane Member Posts: 222
    BGTweaks or Tweaks anthology under Cheats.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Exactly.
    Try BGTweaks if you do not want to use cheats. It works great!
  • RaltarRaltar Member Posts: 35
    It works, but they still refer to you as a man, I think.
  • JeivarJeivar Member Posts: 53
    Could someone tell me what BGTweaks is? I haven't been involved in the BG community. Ever.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    It is a mod with many components that allow you to customize your game experience.
    One of this component removes the gender restriction on romances.
    Download link: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48165/testers-wanted-tweaks-is-dead-long-live-tweaks/p1
    Readme: http://camagna.net/g3mirror/readme-cdtweaks.html
  • HalfwiseHalfwise Member Posts: 78
    edited April 2016
    BG Tweaks or the most recent version "Tweaks Anthology" on the Gibberlings 3 downloads section.

If you don't want to mess with Weidu, and want to be swiftly overwhelmed by the number of amazing mods out there, I'd recommend "Big World Setup" which functions like a mod manager (Downloads AND installs), lets you checkbox things instead of digging though a command prompt, helps you de-conflict mods (right click context menus, took me a while to realize that) Etc. If there's thing you don't understand, just google "BG [Mod name] readme" and there are usually pages that give in depth breakdowns on exactly what each component does. Or you could just set it to "minimum" and turn on just the romance mod...

Sadly, it cannot make the additional romances mod "Romantic Encounters" also restriction-less...
  • KcoQuidamKcoQuidam Member Posts: 181
    Does this work for the EE characters (I have Neera and Rasaad in mind) ? The readme only talk about the limitation for non EE characters it seems.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    KcoQuidam said:

Does this work for the EE characters (I have Neera and Rasaad in mind) ? The readme only talk about the limitation for non EE characters it seems.

No, but look up Neera Romance mod. It has a component to remove gender restrictions from both of those 2.
  • The basic requirements for just about any romance can be dodged by manipulating the right variables (usually "XMatch" and "XRomanceActive" where "X" is the NPC name) with the console/EEKeeper.
  • KcoQuidamKcoQuidam Member Posts: 181
    I'm gonna look for that. Thank for the answers o/
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    I believe you can always reset the RomanceActive from 3 to 1 using console.