Skip to content

Zone of sweet air: What spells does it dispell?

I tried it twice with Jaheira: With the cloudkill of the iron golem in De'Arnise keep and for the gas cloud (don't know the name) of the spore colonies in the druid grove. It failed in both cases. Isn't it supposed to dispell these?
mf2112

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    You are correct. It would make sense to that those should be dispelled by zone of sweet air.
    I think zone of sweet air only works for mage and cleric spells, not creature specific abilities.
    jackjackmf2112AlonsoMoradin
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    So you can't use it after a Taco Night explosion? Well, there goes those plans.
    jackjackGrum
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    Looks like a bug, then. I don't think I'll report more bugs for quite a while, though. Apparently the current workload for fixing bugs is so big that some timeframes are estimated in years.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Spore colonies gas cloud is just for the show. It plays when it summons new myconids, and is just an animation. It has no effect. It is sooo annoying on my old Ipad as it causes severe slowdowns, so I editted the summoning spell and had it use a no animation projectile for its summoning effect. Same goes for elemental/salamander summoning glabrezus in WK (dunno if mod addition or not) they make the game unplayable with that horrendous gas animation, and it does not even make sense for the glabrezus, so omitted it as well.
    semiticgoddess
  • jesterdesujesterdesu Member Posts: 373
    I don't personally use zone of sweet air, as mostly whatever I'm fighting has worse saves and less ability to heal themselves.
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 207
    edited May 2016
    I remember dispelling rakshasha´s Cloud Kill with it way back in vanilla BG2. As the spell description reads, I´d expect it ot dispel Stinking Cloud as well, though I rarely have tried this, as ZoSA is 3rd lvl cleric spell, and that lvl is full of must-haves before ZoSA, as enemies using gas attack spells tend to be rather scarce.

From what I just read from wiki, it dispels Billowing Cloud and Death Fog as well, though I don´t recall anything ever casting neither.
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    edited May 2016
    lunar said:

Spore colonies gas cloud is just for the show. It plays when it summons new myconids, and is just an animation. It has no effect.

I didn't check it before posting, to be honest. I just kept all my characters away from it using ranged attacks, assuming the cloud must have some negative effect. It doesn't make sense. The cloud remains there throughout the whole combat, not just when the myconids are summoned. And the spore colonies already display a magic animation each time they summon myconids anyway. That weird effectless gas cloud is definitely a blunder.
    jackjackrorikon
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 207
    Hmm, do the spore colonies keep on summoning myconids infinitely. or do they have a set amount of summons?