Skip to content

The possibilities of a phsyical retail version

enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
Word up,

I guess the title is kinda self explanatory so long story short; as IWDEE and BGEE1+2 have gotten, albeit with a slight delay, retail versions of themselves onto the store shelves, I was wondering if it's gonna be the same with SOD? Or will it be digital only? Cheers!
Post edited by enhancedgamerx on

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    It took a good while for the other EEs to get retail versions (and then they went completely unannounced! what the heck Overhaul?) so I don't imagine SoD will get a quick disc release. And I think it's more likely to be sold bundled with the game than on its own.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited August 2015
    Just keep an eye on various Amazon sites around the world (not Amazon US because they are restrained by all kinds of US trading/copyright legislation which doesn't apply in different countries with different legal systems - Germany is always a good bet but I got all my EEs from Amazon UK).

An example of this is copyright law: In the US anyone who contributed to PART of a product can claim copyright on that part. In the UK only the WHOLE product can be copyrighted and only by the person/company that contributed the MAJORITY of the product. This is why "Patented Worldwide" is so different and more valuable than "Patented in the USA".
  • iam040iam040 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2015
    There are hard copies? Wasn't aware of that.

Maybe the reason they took so long was to make sure they were released patched (so they ran on most computers from the disc)

Though the lack of announcing concerns me.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    iam040 said:

There are hard copies? Wasn't aware of that.

Maybe the reason they took so long was to make sure they were released patched (so they ran on most computers from the disc)

Though the lack of announcing concerns me.

As far as I know they where released in europe by a european company, so
    if you are us-american you would need to import it (usually from uk, but the german version should
    also be multi-languaged.. since they seem to be the same anyways =P)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Although they said that SoD is an expansion, not a separate game, I would gladly get something like this:

• enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2016
    Since the release of BGEE: SoD is getting closer I thought a bump would be in order, so here goes. *bump*
    Also, even though there already is the certainty of a limited DRM-free physical COLLECTOR'S EDITION, I would like to clarify that my question for a regular priced phsyical retail edition of SOD still stands. The price of the collector's edition is just way too high for my budjet, so I can't afford it.
    Physical copies of all the EEs (incl. German versions of BG1&2EE) are still available at Amazon UK so I just hope that SoD will follow the precedent.
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    The previous DVD editions were released by Deep Silver / Koch International. I believe one should look for news on that website in the future. https://www.deepsilver.com/
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2016

The previous DVD editions were released by Deep Silver / Koch International. I believe one should look for news on that website in the future. https://www.deepsilver.com/

I can't find even BG1EE or BG2EE there on Deep Silver's website game catalogue. Also, would like to bump this post in case someone here has some news about this topic. I myself haven't found any physical retail editions of SOD whatsoever , or even BG1EE ones that would include it, only the ye olde regular ones with the vanilla expansions included.

*bump*

• doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    I have BG EE (both of them) on DVD. No sod on DVD yet. Waiting for the CE version myself and am willing to wait for the bugs to be removed.
    dunbar said:

Physical copies of all the EEs (incl. German versions of BG1&2EE) are still available at Amazon UK so I just hope that SoD will follow the precedent.

They're still there (Amazon UK) but not many left.
    To confirm: These are DVD versions of both the EEs, 1.3 edition, released by Deep Silver / Koch International.