Skip to content

Favourite Evil Outer Plane

This is my 666th post on the forums, so I thought I'd make it an EVIL one! What's your favourite Evil-aligned Outer Plane?
  1. Favourite Evil Outer Plane37 votes
    1. Acheron, The Infernal Battlefield
        2.70%
    2. Pandemonium, Plane of Windswept Depths
        8.11%
    3. Baator, The Nine Hells
      40.54%
    4. The Abyss, Plane of Infinite Layers
      21.62%
    5. The Bleak Eternity of Gehenna, The Fourfold Furnaces
        2.70%
    6. Tarterian Depths of Carceri, The Red Prison
        5.41%
    7. The Gray Wastes of Hades, Hope's Loss
      18.92%
ButtercheeseSethDavisjesterdesujustfeelinathome

Comments

• doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    So many great choices and only one vote
    GenderNihilismGirdlejackjackCrevsDaakmashedtaters
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    So many great choices and only one vote
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Infinitive tourist attractions make the Abyss the most sought vacation Plane of the Multiverse!
    My favourite location is its 222th layer, Shedaklah. It has everything one desires for a nice picnic: oozing swamps, funky funghi forests, free showers of waste rain, and wonderfully romantic gloom all around~ :love:
    GenderNihilismGirdleTsideshow
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    edited May 2016
    Pandemonium is where all the cool kids are. That is, when they've got to go into hiding, seeing as no one actually originates from there.
    Post edited by Chnapy on
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • GenderNihilismGirdleGenderNihilismGirdle Member Posts: 1,353
    Chnapy said:

Pademonium is where all the cool kids are. That is, when they've got to go into hiding, seeing as no one actually originates from there.

How do you know I don't originate from there?
    shoutout to @Flashburn for choosing my #2 choice
    I'm on post 669 now, which I'm sure is an Abyssal layer populated by incubi and succubi.
    CrevsDaakjesterdesu
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    edited May 2016
    To answer your question GNG, I just went to see what the forgotten realms wiki had to say about the lowermost planes of the great wheel, and about Pandemonium there was, among other things, this : "Pandemonium had no known indigenous life forms but many inhabitants that were either immigrants, visitors, exiles, marooned, or prisoners."
    I don't actually know anything about the realms, I've read just one novel, about kids in halruaa and Shar or something, don't even remember. And one about the youth of elminster, which I guess would be the making of a mage, but that was ages ago (for ages being defined as "about ten years"). So if I ever need to know something about the realms, I can only rely on the wiki.
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    In which of those places is Avernus, home of Tiamat?
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    edited May 2016
    I like the classics. (Hades was my #2 choice)
    GenderNihilismGirdlejackjackSkatan
    @Chnapy I was just ribbin' ya, there's no known natives of Pandemonium as far as I know, and in fact the Planescape sect that was founded there listed in Planes of Chaos is literally a group of exiles and banished berks called the Dispossessed.

@DJKajuru Baator, which @BelleSorciere has picked, is that Plane.
    DJKajuruCrevsDaak
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Home, sweet Tiamat's home .
    GenderNihilismGirdlejackjack
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Gotta be the Abyss. Always feel it staring back at me.
    GenderNihilismGirdleCrevsDaakjackjack

Gotta be the Abyss. Always feel it staring back at me.

I feel like if Nietzsche played D&D, he'd have switched that up to Hades I think :D

The constant gloom pervades the plane and touches the spirits of everyone here, planar and petitioner alike. All the emotions normally associated with happiness and well-being are drained from them, leaving dust and despair. Like any colors brought here, emotion leaks away into the Waste and is replaced with a despairing, yearning void.

CrevsDaak
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    DJKajuru said:

yeah if I'm stuck in a dreadful outer plane at least gimme some dragons ! :)
    GenderNihilismGirdleCrevsDaakDJKajuru

DJKajuru said:

yeah if I'm stuck in a dreadful outer plane at least gimme some dragons ! :)
    Yeah, and you don't want to be stuck on Celestia with those door to door gold dragon Bahamut's Witnesses. "Do you have a minute to roar and project flame out of your mouths with us about the Platinum Saviour?"
    CrevsDaakjackjackmf2112
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    OMFG. I can't believe I voted when I just wanted to see results (still this is actually my real choice but I wanted to make a Ps:T joke and vote for Carceri).
    This happens when you don't get enough sleep guys, so go to bed early.
    jackjackGenderNihilismGirdlemf2112
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,014
    Gotta go with the Nine Hells. What's not to like? Lawful Evil organized deviltry (i.e. government), permanent central heating, mandatory health insurance, etc.

Honorable mention though to Pandemonium. Any plane called the "Windswept Depths" has excellent branding if you are an exile or in hiding from someone bigger/meaner...
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    Abyss = autowin
    GenderNihilismGirdlejackjackKamigoroshi
    No one likes eternal war or eternal prison planes :'(
    jackjack
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Don't even know what they all mean
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    edited May 2016
    Never visited personally, but I've heard a lot of good about it! :-D
    GenderNihilismGirdleKamigoroshijackjackmashedtaters
    lroumen said:

Don't even know what they all mean

The wikipedia page is accurate, altho the section on FR cosmology is wrong now that it's back to the standard D&D Great Wheel cosmology it always had before 4e, which is the section I linked there.

If you're too lazy to click a link, basically Acheron is mostly Lawful Neutral with a little evil, Pandemonium is mostly Chaotic Neutral with a little evil, Baator/Hell is the Lawful Evil Plane where devils come from, The Abyss is the Chaotic Evil Plane where demons come from, Gehenna is Neutral Evil with a little lawful, Carceri is Neutral Evil with a little chaotic, and finally Hades is pure Neutral Evil, Evil without either Law or Chaos to distract it from being The Best Evil It Can Be.
    I thought in 3e FR cosmology was not quite the great wheel... although all the planes existed, just described with different relationships.
    GenderNihilismGirdle

I thought in 3e FR cosmology was not quite the great wheel... although all the planes existed, just described with different relationships.

icr if that was true at first or not, but definitely by the time they released the Player's Guide that was true, I forgot about that...but I think the core FR book was still basically Great Wheel? I may be misremembering tho
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Only one makes such a good complaint. "No Imoen in SOD? By the Nine Hells..."
    @GenderNihilismGirdle Yeah, it was basically the great wheel done up as a tree.
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Baator.. Reminds me of Hordes of the Underdark, which was the best part of NWN 1 by far for me.
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • AchterkladAchterklad Member Posts: 114
    Acheron. I wouldn't mind studying for assignments in Tintibulus. :)
    GenderNihilismGirdle
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Both Lollth and Vhaeraun make there home in the Demonweb pits which is just a layer of the Abyss, the 66th to be exact. Vhaeraun is one of my favorite FR gods or at least he was until that hack Lisa Smedman killed him. Anyways I was told he's alive again so that's good.

The Drow gods live there so that's what I'm voting for.
    GenderNihilismGirdle