Skip to content

Problem with BG2 EE NPC Flirt Pack

FacundoFacundo Member Posts: 4
So I dowloaded and installed the flirt packs in the BG2 enhanced edition. At first it didn't work because of the dialog.tlk file, which I managed to put in the right place, after trying to put it here and there. Then when I started the game I could see the mod was installed, but when I talked to my romance interest a list of "Invalid: [numbers]" dialog options appeared.
The rest of the dialogues were normal, but all the content added by the mod is invalid. Does anyone know how to properly install the flirt packs in enhanced edition?

Comments

• axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    I'm using it with the latest BG2EE version alongside a lot of mods and it's working fine.

@Facundo which version of the game are you using, Steam, GOG, Beamdog?
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    @Facundo Quick answer : the weidu.exe contained in npcflirt archive is outdated and doesn't recognize the EE file structure (dialog.tlk buried in \lang\ folders)

Long answer : Download the latest WeiDU executable from weidu.org. Delete setup-npcflirt.exe, rename weidu.exe to setup-npcflirt.exe and reinstall (leave dialog.tlk in its lang folder)
  • FacundoFacundo Member Posts: 4
    axellslade: I'm actually playing a free downloaded version... I don´t know how does that affect the game.
    lansounet: I'll try that now, hope it works. Also, when I installed it, it couldn't install the TOB components, although enhanced edition includes TOB. is there a solution for that? Thanks
    @Facundo related to outdated WeiDU, didn't have the routine to recognize bg2ee install. Just for double-checking : are you using NPCFlirt v103 ?
    edited May 2016
    Yes i´m using the latest version
    I found two WeiDU zip files, one is Weidu-185 and the other Weidu-Windows-239. Which should i use?
    @Facundo 239
    Well, I had uninstalled the flirt pack when i had the problem of invalid dialogs, and when I installed it now, without the latest weidu file, TOB installed correctly, for no reason (?). I started the game and this time when i talked to my romance interest, the dialogue options don´t even appear, the game just pauses and i have to close it. Then i reinstalled the mod renaming the weiudu.exe file and same thing happens again :(
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    I'm not aware of any "free downloadable version" of BG2EE. I'm not commenting on this further, sorry.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    When you steal the game, it's kind of impolite to come to official forums and ask for help. Double so - to tell about theft act.
    Read about mod installation in topics like "mods compatible with last patch" - all the answers are there.
This discussion has been closed.