Skip to content

Where to get Find Familiar scrolls in IWD:EE?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I'm still getting the hang of the search function here and the only results I could find were for BG and BG2.

I e got a sorcerer and a bard and I'd like to get them both familiars without wasting a sorcerer spell pick. Is there a guaranteed location to find some? If not, is there a shop I can keep checking?

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    both can't have familiars - once a character gets a familiar, other characters can't cast the spell.

i don't know about the location of the scroll but im quite sure that it's somewhere out there and not just a random drop
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    orrick has it, if im not mistaken
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Yeah only 1 familiar per party, choose wisely who gets it!
  • MoribunnyMoribunny Member Posts: 21
    I don't think Orrick has it. Has anyone found the scroll in game?
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Orrick has them or I sold one to Orrick either way he has one in my game.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2017
    Make sure to pick pocket orrick a few times too. He has some pretty good stuff.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Wesboi said:

Did EE ever fix the Pickpocket skill? I seem to recall that it used to be possible to pickpocket anything from anyone regardless of your pickpocket score, provided you were patient and willing to reload on failed attempts. I also read a long time ago that a bug in the game meant it never actually checked your pickpocket value, so a score of 100 gave the same odds of success as a score of 10. I never bothered to actually check that, though, since I was patient and willing to reload, so base Pickpocket was always enough for me.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    SomeSort said:

Wesboi said:

Did EE ever fix the Pickpocket skill? I seem to recall that it used to be possible to pickpocket anything from anyone regardless of your pickpocket score, provided you were patient and willing to reload on failed attempts. I also read a long time ago that a bug in the game meant it never actually checked your pickpocket value, so a score of 100 gave the same odds of success as a score of 10. I never bothered to actually check that, though, since I was patient and willing to reload, so base Pickpocket was always enough for me.
    Yes EE fixed it. If your skill is too low it tells you that your skill isn't high enough to succeed. Also, if you fail, the person you tried to rob will become hostile.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I wouldn't call that a "fix". Pickpocket was a chance to succeed, not a score gate. I'm not a fan of the new pickpocket implementation.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    ThacoBell said:

I wouldn't call that a "fix". Pickpocket was a chance to succeed, not a score gate. I'm not a fan of the new pickpocket implementation.

It makes it harder to 'save-reload until success' so I'd argue that it's more realistic.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Balrog99 said:

ThacoBell said:

It makes it harder to 'save-reload until success' so I'd argue that it's more realistic.
    Realism is my least concern in DnD. If we want it to be realistic, we can also ban all non human races only use classes with no magical ability.