Skip to content

Companion from BG:EE to BG: SoD issue

Hi, I don't know, if it someone solved it before (there are really much topic), but when I ended BG:EE and I continue with my character to BG: SoD, all companions I met before and join them to the group - but don't let them stay in it (Minsc, Dynaheir, Viconia, Safana, etc.) are stuck on level i met them in BG:EE (usualy level 1, max level 2). Is there any way, how to improved them at the start of SoD? (without cheat ofc.) You know, on higher difficulty is really bad if you have your only start warrior on level 1.
Sorry for my english.

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    there isn't a way without cheating.

you probably want to ignore this problem and bravely soldier on because your characters will gain levels fast and it's not going to be a big problem after a while.
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    Select the NPC and type this in the console...

C:SetCurrentXP("161000")
    that would be cheating of course
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    Not really, it's more like fixing and oversight...
    cheating.
  • KampfKaninchenKampfKaninchen Member Posts: 139
    common sense
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    Yeah as long as your PC is sufficient level, I think the first few quests in Baldur's Gate might be enough to help low level companions gain a few levels. I haven't played using first or second level companions so don't know how much they could level up, but since we can grab Dynaheir, Minsc and Safana before any major combat, that should help.
    the real problem when is when you, for example, meet dorn halfway through the game and he's level 1.

even then, cheating isn't necessary and at around level 5 which can be reached very quickly he'll be a competent party member
  • BartTPBartTP Member Posts: 19
    I have opposite problem. I've managed to make with Neera 8th level (maximum) in BG - and she was like that at the start of the SoD. And then, when I took her again in sieged castle - she was like 5 or 6. Does that mean that her mental problems downgraded her?
  • OrangemooseOrangemoose Member Posts: 83
    I don't think you quite understand what cheating is.
    edited May 2016
    it's the OP who wanted a solution without cheating. how do i know what he means by that? so i'm taking a common, fairly conventional notion of cheating ("breaking the rules"). i'm not advising against cheating or moralizing, just trying to be helpful.
    BartTP said:

I have opposite problem. I've managed to make with Neera 8th level (maximum) in BG - and she was like that at the start of the SoD. And then, when I took her again in sieged castle - she was like 5 or 6. Does that mean that her mental problems downgraded her?

is she level drained?
    No. She was just 2 or 3 levels down.
    I might have found where the problem is. I loaded the game just before I took her in my party but BEFORE talking to the mage that's defending the keep and the spell that drainded everybody's level - and she had 9th level. It seems that previously it was sucked out of her permamently, when she wasn't the part of my band. I wonder, if Khaild has the same problem...
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Exploits isn't cheating lol
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited May 2016
    @Valinn91 Without using the console command your only bet would be numerous resting in the SoD starting dungeon - enemies will attack during rests and by defeating them (thanks to your high-level main character) you'll be able to improve your companions' XP.