Skip to content

Game Crash after the first meeting whit Gaelen Bayle

crudo0crudo0 Member Posts: 11
edited May 2016 in Troubleshooting
as a title. I alrady do all advice in this thread (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/52784/bgii-ee-gaelan-bayle-crash) nothing seems to work.. i have the 2.2 patch, no mods installed, steam version. dump file attached...

Comments

• crudo0crudo0 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2016
    this is the save prior the travel
    this is the infinity engine dump file
    edited May 2016
    anyone can help me? i try to skip on another pc, same crash on the cutscene. Can some dev reply? is it a know bug that can be fixed?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'll check out your save and see if I can replicate the issue.
    edited May 2016
    It worked fine for me. What happens when you do it without a custom portrait on CHARNAME? (this shouldn't make any difference but I just want to rule it out)
    without a custom portrait still crash... i had some old saves previus patch 2.0 in that playthrough (whit BGIIEE) i never experienced a single crash, now whit this version (2.2) and the 2.0 too (after some clean installations) the load of that playthrough still crash in that point. So it's obviously that the problem is the new patches. I try also load the current playthrough whitout any patch installed but it crash during the load, i think because it's an imported char from Siege of Dragonspear...
    Ok. Make sure your drivers are up to date (from the manufacturers website). Especially your graphics card driver. What system specs do you have?
    edited May 2016
    all updated. i54690K, GTX560 SLI (when sli is actived crash whitout error message, when sli is deactived crash whit error message), 6GB DDR3 ram, MSI Z97M Gaming motherboard
    edited May 2016
    can you upload a save after the cutscene? maybe it's only the cutscene bugged
    Sure no problem
    Here you go
    ok crash on that save.. maybe it's the house that is bugged like the thread linked on top of this.. can you exit from the house and re upload?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Could you try these two saves please @crudo0
    Thanks
    after brus work, in the coronet craash on load
    from the save "After Brus" i try to go inside copper coronet and house of Gaelen and the praty stays inside the door but the loading for transition between areas don't start..
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    You've got the game installed on 2 PC's and get the same initial crash on both. Did you install the game via Steam on both or copy any content from one to the other?

With the game closed could you temporarily rename your documents -> Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition folder. Launch the game, copy your original save back to the newly created save folder and see if that helps.

What files are in your game override folder
    (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\override)

ok solved.. my friend give me the gog version and now work...