Skip to content

Imoen multiclassing troubles

So I multiclassed Imoen at level 6, and I finally got her thief skills back, but her trapfinding is all the way back at 10! Is that supposed to happen? What's the point of multiclassing if it's like you didn't even take all those previous thief levels? I'm about to tackle Durlag's tower, but I can't very well do that without a trapfinder...

Comments

• DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421

So I multiclassed Imoen at level 6, and I finally got her thief skills back, but her trapfinding is all the way back at 10! Is that supposed to happen? What's the point of multiclassing if it's like you didn't even take all those previous thief levels? I'm about to tackle Durlag's tower, but I can't very well do that without a trapfinder...

normally you get the same values as you Dualed from, roll back your saves and check if she had that 100 trap find at lvl 6 before you dualed her(or what ever value she had then) , if so its a Bug. but you could fix it with EE keeper.

• UncertaintyLichUncertaintyLich Member Posts: 18
    Yeah, it was 100. What's EE keeper?
    I googled it. I'm on a Mac, so...
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    its a save game editor Program , allowing you to correct errors n stuff. (or flat out cheat that shit)

if you upload your last savegame i try fixing her value don't know if mac and PC savegames are compatible but we can try.
    Ugh, trying to make this work with wine is gonna be annoying. Thanks for your help
    Oh, thanks Jackjack!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Yeah, I tagged him because I figured you might need some help there.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2016
    What version of mac are you running?
    So I've been too busy to try to make this thing work recently. I'm back. Elminster, I'm using El Capitan. Progress update: I downloaded it, added the installation directory and the user save directory into the installation directory box thingy. I don't know what I'm supposed to put in the game profile part or the game language part, and I'm not really sure what's happening in general. So far it hasn't worked yet XD.
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited May 2016
    You need to point EEKeeper to the game folder. When it is right then the language drop down should work. Check the link below for the game path. If if it right then click the open button in the upper left and browse for a saved game.

The save game should be compatible from Mac to PC, maybe upload it and one of us can fix it?
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16320/mac-faq
    Uploading it definitely sounds preferable to trying to figure it out myself. Where can I find the save game if I got the game on steam?
    Ooo, uploading the save game sounds preferable to trying to figure this out. Where can I find the save data if I purchased the game on Steam?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited May 2016
    Looks like it should be here: ~/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save/ and you should see folders like this 00000005-SaveGameName
    Best if you can put all the files under whichever save folder you pick into a single .zip file.
    I don't remember exactly what my skills were before the multiclass and I didn't keep the save. I was thinking of rewarding myself for this ordeal by putting her skills slightly above average. Also, when she multiclassed, she also lost her bow proficiencies. She had two or three. More than she has now, anyway.
    At this point I just wanna finish the game, so whatever can survive Durlag's Tower is fine XD.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited May 2016
    Try this - I think the points should be correct for her level

[EDIT] Use the one below.
    Ah. Fixed some proficiencies too. Ignore the above.

1x Shortbow
    1x Shortsword
    1x Two Weapon Fighting

Prob should be more but they seemed appropriate to your set up. I can change if need be.
    Sweet! Thank you guys so much
    Hope it's ok. If you can remember what weapon proficiencies you had I can correct those (provided you give me the latest save should you have progressed in the game).