Skip to content

Aerie, Where in the nine hells are you?!

So, while I was fighting a lich in the city gates tavern to get the Daystar the friggin' lich casted a maze spell on her and bad news is, I don't have the freedom spell or scroll . Now, I know that the duration time has something to do with the intelligence count (Aerie's intelligence count is 16) but I was so flipping impatient and removed her to my party so I can go adventuring, killing and sell stuff. I've already looked in the circus where you recruited and I have already looked in CC (Copper Coronet)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-The one who wasted 5 years not playing BG

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    You were too impatient to wait out the 60 seconds or so it takes for Maze to end? That's... quite something.

Have you looked in the spot where she was actually mazed?
  • Idied5minutesagoIdied5minutesago Member Posts: 16

You were too impatient to wait out the 60 seconds or so it takes for Maze to end? That's... quite something.

Have you looked in the spot where she was actually mazed?

Already did I even load 3 times. Maybe it's a bug
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Maze lasts up to 48 seconds on a 16 intelligence target, that's quite an impatient reaction :smiley:
    I guess you could console in a freedom scroll, or spawn an Aerie with console. Besides that I am not too sure what you could do. The first freedom scroll that you will get will be during chapter 5, which means you can't free Aerie till chapter 6, IF it works.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    The game developers probably didn't consider the possibility that someone would remove a character from a party while one of the members was in a maze. So, my guess is that Aerie is nowhere, at the moment.

I must say that your question is a bit on the funny side! How impatient can you get? It's almost like ordering a pizza and then complaining that it's round and flat and has tomato sauce, cheese and stuff like that on top. Like, d'oh. :smiley:
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    And I thought I was impatient..
  • dracostrikedracostrike Member Posts: 151
    My guess is she is now chilling with Caelar Argent in Hell ^^
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I must admit that in all the hazard analyses I've had to run on industrial plant and procedures it has never once occurred to me that the operator might deliberately use a piece of equipment to commit suicide (clearly an oversight, and gross negligence on my part).
    Arunsun said:

Maze lasts up to 48 seconds on a 16 intelligence target, that's quite an impatient reaction :smiley:
    I guess you could console in a freedom scroll, or spawn an Aerie with console. Besides that I am not too sure what you could do. The first freedom scroll that you will get will be during chapter 5, which means you can't free Aerie till chapter 6, IF it works.

Huh, really? I've waited more than 5 minutes for Aerie to come back
    edited May 2016

The game developers probably didn't consider the possibility that someone would remove a character from a party while one of the members was in a maze. So, my guess is that Aerie is nowhere, at the moment.

I must say that your question is a bit on the funny side! How impatient can you get? It's almost like ordering a pizza and then complaining that it's round and flat and has tomato sauce, cheese and stuff like that on top. Like, d'oh. :smiley:

When it comes to food, I'm always the first one to go berserk if someone screws it up or steals it. Heck, even my cousins are scared at me I even overheard them me calling Satan LOL. And I just reloaded my save and poof, Aerie's exactly at the same place where she was mazed yay!
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592

Arunsun said:

Huh, really? I've waited more than 5 minutes for Aerie to come back
    The description of the spell states that duration depends on intelligence as follows:

Intelligence of Target -- Time trapped in maze:

under 3 -- 2d4 turns
    3 to 5 -- 1d4 turns
    6 to 8 -- 5d4 rounds
    9 to 11 -- 4d4 rounds
    12 to 14 -- 3d4 rounds
    15 to 17 -- 2d4 rounds
    18 and up -- 1d4 rounds

A round being 6 seconds,2d4 rounds is up to 8rounds, which is 48sec.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @Lord_Tansheron: Agreed. Your analogy is better.

@Arunsun: But then again, if you really get down to it, time is a complete mystery and we don't know what it is, or even if it exists at all. Ask any really serious modern physicist - they will all say "we don't know". So, it is within the realm of possibility that the OP exists in a separate continuum, or something... :smile:
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @xzar_monty I think 'time' is better understood than you give modern physicists credit for. From your description, it would be like saying I have no idea at all what I had for lunch yesterday, because I can't tell you the contents in terms of quantities of vitamins, enzymes, etc.

We know that time forms at least one dimension, if there are additional dimensions they are currently unobservable small (and we can predict what might be necessary to observe them if they exist - and that boundary is continually pushed out). Time is a dimension that can be pulled and stretched like the other 3 we are more familiar with, the main difference being it has a big one-way arrow stamped all through it. We have mathematical models that can describe the effects of time running backwards, locally or globally, and what would be necessary to create conditions to allow that to happen - and so far they all require creating conditions that are not possible in the universe we inhabit. Yes, we can hypothesize wormholes through black-holes, and the maths says such things are possible, but they are not stable and you cannot traverse from one end to the other in the time available before it collapses, without breaking other rules. Likewise, if only we could cross back over the event horizon of a black hole, all sorts of strange things might happen. The surprising thing is just how finely balanced all of the fundamental constants that define our universe are, to being only just on the side of a universe where reverse time travel is not observable.

[further follow-up belongs in off-topic ;)]

My guess is she is now chilling with Caelar Argent in Hell ^^

Aerie in hell? No way.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    Holy drake man, I thought I was impatient...

Holy drake man, I thought I was impatient...

Makes me wondering..
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    are you sure it was maze and not imprisonment?
    Arthas said:

are you sure it was maze and not imprisonment?

Well, I don't think liches cast imprisonment. The OP also said he/she manually removed her from the party.