Skip to content

Separating male and female custom portraits. Is it possible?

DingerDinger Member Posts: 9
Hello!

When putting custom portraits into Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\portraits, does anyone know of a way to keep the male and female portraits separate? Wanted to throw in a lot of portraits but don't want to see all the males portraits when looking for a female one and vise versa.

If there isn't a way to do this currently or are there any plans for this going forward? Maybe just have two folders within the portraits folder like a "male" and "female" folder?

Thank you for any responses!
Post edited by Dinger on

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Maybe take a look at Mr2150's portrait picker mod, it is really well done.
  • DingerDinger Member Posts: 9
    Hmmm I'll check it out...thanks man!
  • DingerDinger Member Posts: 9
    Thanks Billy this is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you much sir!
  • ThorgaazThorgaaz Member Posts: 46
    I was once trying the same giving the Portraits names it kind of sortet them too. It worked good enough, but not perfectely. But basically starting girls with 1001 and onwards while males starts at 2001 should already kind of bringing an order.

But in the end the already mentioned solution is even better. Yust mentioned this for an alternative.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    @Thorgaaz If your portraits are still named that way, you can change the file patterns in my script from F*L.bmp & M*L.bmp to 1*L.bmp & 2*L.bmp.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited June 2016
    You can easily name them in such a way as to separate them. For instance, I name portraits based on race & sex & also "class" (this one is more fluid). So, I might have FEMage1L.bmp or MEMage1L.bmp (along with the other size bmp files).