A beta build of the 2.2 update for BG:EE, BGII:EE and SoD is now available on an opt-in basis. Please note that these builds are a work in progress, and the fixes planned for inclusion may change. Issues to be addressed in this build include those listed in the Upcoming Patch Preview
To participate in this beta, you must first have purchased the game on the platform you wish to test on. Note that purchasing on Beamdog gives you access to the PC and Mac versions, while purchasing on Steam or GoG gives you access to the PC, Mac, and Linux versions.Steam
: Opt in to the beta for PC, Mac, or Linux by installing the game using the Steam client, then doing the following:
- Right-click on the game, and choose Properties.
- Click on the Betas tab.
- Enter the beta access code for the game you are testing:
- Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition / Siege of Dragonspear - aeK4fiexKuz4voav
- Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - zee5Ahgegoh4Ohgh
- Click on "Check Code."
- Under Select the Beta..., choose the option ending in "_beta" from the dropdown.
- Click Close.
: If you were part of the Road to 1.3 or 2.0, you will find the Beta products in your Beamdog client. Just download and go! If you don't have these, you can request access to the PC version of the BG1 or BG2 betas by contacting [email protected]
The SoD beta and Mac betas are not available through Beamdog at this time.GoG:
: This beta will not be available on GoG, but we are investigating the possibility of supporting betas on GoG in the future.