Skip to content

Beta for 2.2 update now available!

CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
edited April 2016 in Troubleshooting
A beta build of the 2.2 update for BG:EE, BGII:EE and SoD is now available on an opt-in basis. Please note that these builds are a work in progress, and the fixes planned for inclusion may change. Issues to be addressed in this build include those listed in the Upcoming Patch Preview thread.

To participate in this beta, you must first have purchased the game on the platform you wish to test on. Note that purchasing on Beamdog gives you access to the PC and Mac versions, while purchasing on Steam or GoG gives you access to the PC, Mac, and Linux versions.

Steam: Opt in to the beta for PC, Mac, or Linux by installing the game using the Steam client, then doing the following:
  1. Right-click on the game, and choose Properties.
  2. Click on the Betas tab.
  3. Enter the beta access code for the game you are testing:
  • Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition / Siege of Dragonspear - aeK4fiexKuz4voav
  • Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - zee5Ahgegoh4Ohgh
  • Click on "Check Code."
  • Under Select the Beta..., choose the option ending in "_beta" from the dropdown.
  • Click Close.
Beamdog: If you were part of the Road to 1.3 or 2.0, you will find the Beta products in your Beamdog client. Just download and go! If you don't have these, you can request access to the PC version of the BG1 or BG2 betas by contacting support@beamdog.com. The SoD beta and Mac betas are not available through Beamdog at this time.

GoG:: This beta will not be available on GoG, but we are investigating the possibility of supporting betas on GoG in the future.
Aedanhook71Gate70[Deleted User]lelag200FlashburnAnduinlolienJuliusBorisov

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited April 2016
    @Cerevant
    I checked all the items and... unless I am high, their artwork look AWESOME! Definitely better! It's like you polished all of them! They look beautiful!
    CerevantAerakarlolienJuliusBorisov
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    What about this bug: http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/22358
    Will next patch fix it?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited April 2016
    I see that the sound files of the Polish and Russian localizations will get re-implemented within the upcoming patch.
    But what about the German localization for SoD's BG:EE copy? Will German beamdog players have to wait for yet another round? Can't say I'm liking this. :neutral:
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Checked the new beta update today for BGEE, and custom soundsets are still broken :(

ref: Custom Soundsets Should Work

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    A question @Cerevant . Are we still under NDA or are we allowed to post pictures and talk about this beta? I would like to carry on with my novelisation playthrough for starters...
    JuliusBorisov
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    @Anduin This is an open beta, so you can do what you like with this build. Please do not comment on or post screen shots from prior to the public release.
    AnduinJuliusBorisov
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    edited May 2016
    I launched the BG2EE launcher (OSX, Beamdog) this evening and was offered an update. After updating BG2 came up with version V2.2.64.1.

I never was in any beta program or have applied to one.

Edit: The BG1 launcher offers an update as well, the SoD launcher does not.
    justfeelinathome
    I saw an update for BGEE2, I tried to launch it. Then I looked later and it said there was another update for BG2EE. I loaded it but it appears to not finish says "getting download info" forever.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Maybe this post should be made into an announcement.
    I never look into "Troubleshooting" for beta info (as it's not really troubleshooting), and I was just lucky that @Dee guided me here.
    Or great a new category which is "Open beta" or something like that.
    rorikon
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    I just tested the beta, and run the Black Pits Ending.

It now shows the picture, but the interface is the blue one instead of the black one. The text is not well centered on the picture either:

• chilvencechilvence Member Posts: 50
    Aww shucks... I am actually half tempted to buy the game again on Beamdog just for the beta... I actually like the idea of giving money straight to developers, but I have a lot of loyalty feeling to GoG because of their uncanny ability to raise games from the dead.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I've noticed that in the current beta both keyboard and (to a greater degree) mouse scrolling speed don't work correctly anymore. Even on highest settings the scroll speed is very slow. Is this a known issue or should I report it on Redmine?
    lolien
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    edited May 2016
    Yay, chain contingency works correctly now for 22800 after a few rounds of testing.
    V2.2.65 is available for BG2EE (OSX, Beamdog)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    argent77 said:

I've noticed that in the current beta both keyboard and (to a greater degree) mouse scrolling speed don't work correctly anymore. Even on highest settings the scroll speed is very slow. Is this a known issue or should I report it on Redmine?

You should report it.
    lolienGate70
    The 2.2 version is more stable than the 2.1 version for a non-MP game too. While creating a sequencer V2.1 crashes to desktop (OSX) once in a while; V2.2 is stable is this regard.
    lolien
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    is there some time frame when 2.2final is coming (for windows)?
    once again thinking about a new run, and better start with that than with 2.1 ... :)
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    New download coming in now :)
    lolien
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    A sneak peek at an excerpt from the release notes:

Modding Feature: M_*.lua

The engine will now recognize and load additional M_*.lua files, allowing modders to create small lua files and use them in game (such as M_portrt.lua). For example, you can create a file called M_cport.lua that contains the following:
    function addPortrait(name, gender)
    	table.insert(portraits, {name, gender})
    end

addPortrait('SCOTTL', 2) 
    addPortrait('SCOTT2L', 1)
    Drop the file into your override folder, and the portraits SCOTTL and SCOTT2L will be added to the available portraits using the assigned genders (1 for male, 2 for female).

This means you can package a lua file with your portrait pack and configure the display of custom portraits ahead of time, without worrying about breaking compatibility with future updates.
    JuliusBorisovMr2150mf2112
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    Aha... I just created the same functionality for my MOD :)

Looks like I will need to do an adaption...to accommodate this. I had already spotted the M_*.lua format and adopted that in advance.

This also takes a lot of the hassle of the registration process... thanks for the update @Dee
    JuliusBorisov
    Mr2150 said:

Aha... I just created the same functionality for my MOD :)

Looks like I will need to do an adaption...to accommodate this. I had already spotted the M_*.lua format and adopted that in advance.

This also takes a lot of the hassle of the registration process... thanks for the update @Dee

It was actually looking at your mod that reminded me we added this functionality. Looking forward to seeing what portrait pack creators do with it.
    JuliusBorisovMr2150mf2112
    Aha... I prompted you and you prompted me ;)

I was digging around in NearInfinity the day after 2.2 beta came out to see what I could find, and I found the code that allows the M_*.lua files... I guessed as much so purposely called the lua file for my mod: M_BG.lua

So... for 2.1 I have a DoFile command to call the M_*.lua file and obviously for 2.2 and later this won't be necessary ...

I've also already adapted my mod process to include generating a M_cport.lua file at the same time as my M_BG.lua ;)
    JuliusBorisovmf2112
    Is it possible to change the code to not require filenames be placed in an additional file?

Like can we get a portrait wheel that shows the portraits in the portrait folder, whatever those may be at the time?
    Ravenslight
    edited May 2016
    @Dee - is the official stance that portraits should be stored in override or My Documents/ ... / portraits ?

Portraits. They'll work in either place, though.
    Mr2150
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Dee said:

A sneak peek at an excerpt from the release notes:

Modding Feature: M_*.lua

The engine will now recognize and load additional M_*.lua files, allowing modders to create small lua files and use them in game (such as M_portrt.lua). For example, you can create a file called M_cport.lua that contains the following:
    function addPortrait(name, gender)
    	table.insert(portraits, {name, gender})
    end

addPortrait('SCOTTL', 2) 
    addPortrait('SCOTT2L', 1)
    Drop the file into your override folder, and the portraits SCOTTL and SCOTT2L will be added to the available portraits using the assigned genders (1 for male, 2 for female).

This means you can package a lua file with your portrait pack and configure the display of custom portraits ahead of time, without worrying about breaking compatibility with future updates.
    It already can work in 2.1!

You should add

Infinity_DoFile("M_cport")

into your UI.menu file after

listMetaInfo = {}

And create the file @Dee posted.

Although this is good, it still doesn't change the way the UI works so we still have to move through portraits.

@Mr2150 's method gives you a scrollable wheel, lets you add a description and enables search by name, though.
    Mr2150
    Thanks @Dee
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    V2.2 looks almost finished with only 6 bugs left (according to redmine) and they all relate to correcting some spelling in achievements so should be fairly easy to fix (which I assume knowing nothing about the actually progress I confess). Looking forwars to it!
    JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.