Skip to content

Help with mobile Dialog.tlk?

XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
edited June 2016 in General Modding
Hi guys. I made a custom spell and custom item, but i can't put my dialog.tlk in my android obb patch, because when something is different from the original the game updates to the normal version! Any way to modify Android dialog.tlk without using obb file? Maybe a way to restrict the app from updating? I must also mention that I made the items on a pc, and will not be able to do so during the summer. So please respond ASAP!

Btw, I barely even have enough space for BGIIEE on my phone. I only have 8GB originally, and 5.6GB are taken up by Android Lollipop 5.1.1 update. So please, no heavy-space tools!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    @subtledoctor yeah, well whenever i convert the obb to a zip and unzip, I can access the files. The problem is that when I replace the dialog file, rezip and rename the file, and place it back in the obb folder, when I launch the app, it tries "downloading files". I don't want it to do that, cause then it replaces the new dialog file...
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    I wrote a guide about using mods with Android that shows how to use a tool provided by ScottBrooks from Beamdog to add a modified dialog.tlk into the game, together with other modified or added files, through a zip file processed by the special tool to make the game recognize it.
    The zip file can't use compression so basically, it's as big as the files you put in it.