Skip to content

watchers keep at start

this is visible on the map from the start right? so you can walk over and buy/steal stuffs?

I assume that none of the TOB zones to the east of here are viewable or visitable at this point? without clua cheating(teleport)

DOnt have game installed at present, hopefully next week.

Comments

• DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    You cannot steal from the stores, and I do not remember if there is anything worth stealing from the 6 people outside. Otherwise it is possible to do the first 1-2 floors at the beginning.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    You can go to WK at any time in SoA but you have to leave through the Gate District if you haven't already been outside the city on a quest. There is some good kit that you can buy before you enter the keep itself (and head straight back to the city) but it is expensive.
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    Yes you could go to WK and even do the first level maybe second when you get out of the dungeon but it might make the game a bit unbalanced if you pick up any of the weapons available there. The weapons if you haven't noticed already are more powerful than those you get in SoA intially - really a returning dart +3 - is too powerful (at the early part of SoA) not to mention that other goodies that would unbalance SoA e.g. quiver of plenty (with unlimited +1 arrows) or firetooth crossbow +4.

In the end it is up to you if and when you go to WK and do the first level or buy weapons from WK but do you really want to just overpower everything in the game (mostly chapter 2-3)?
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    `In the end it is up to you if and when you go to WK and do the first level or buy weapons from WK but do you really want to just overpower everything in the game (mostly chapter 2-3)?`

yes. Am too busy in RL atmo to spend ages wackin low lvl mobs. DOnt give a rats arse about balance right now, i need some fun and entertainment, something to relax and wind down. Gone are the days I could spend 5+ hrs a day on a computer game (
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I believe I read somewhere that if you do go to wk at lower levels certain enemies won't spawn (particularly statues) so you will miss out on their loot.
  • Clumsy_DwarfClumsy_Dwarf Member Posts: 112
    edited May 2016

this is visible on the map from the start right? so you can walk over and buy/steal stuffs?

Yup. I usually go after some of the easier quests (Circus, Copper Coronet, De'Arnise Hold, Etc) and them clear the first 2 levels. Then I move on to the rest of Chapter 2.

I assume that none of the TOB zones to the east of here are viewable or visitable at this point? without clua cheating(teleport)

No they are not (no AFKing fire giants for you lol

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    edited June 2016

I believe I read somewhere that if you do go to wk at lower levels certain enemies won't spawn (particularly statues) so you will miss out on their loot.

That is correct. @smeagolheart
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    What about vampiric wraiths? They are death sentence to low level characters, really. If they spawn low levels have no chance (except pro from undead scroll, if it even works against them) Mephits/spiders/trolls/golems and shadows are okay generally even straight out of Irenicus Dungeon but vampiric wraiths are just terrible.
    edited June 2016
    lunar said:

What about vampiric wraiths? They are death sentence to low level characters, really. If they spawn low levels have no chance (except pro from undead scroll, if it even works against them) Mephits/spiders/trolls/golems and shadows are okay generally even straight out of Irenicus Dungeon but vampiric wraiths are just terrible.

They rarely spawn and there is numerous ways to deal with them. Sure if you to head wk the first thing you do then yes, you Will have problems. But if you get those basic equipments and gather a party first then you will be just fine.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I usually use Farsight to check if there're vampiric wraiths behind the door, in order to decide should I do the first level of WK at the start of BG2, or not.

To me, this first level, besides the statues leading to the second level, is a must at the start of BG2 (if possible). Returning Dart+3, a container for missile projectiles, unlimited arrows+1 and unlimited bolts+1.

What are these enemies? Are there any on the first level of WK?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9A-u4ZxSk

Here is a video of a solo Sorcerer facing all the statues that spawn, if you are interested. I can't recall what statues are added and what they drop, since I never go there late game. A hogoblin, an Ogre and some more was added, a Mage I think. Take a look yourself.
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    argent77 said:

Looking at the area script six statues are removed if your average party level is less than 14 or the number of party members is 4 or lower. None of the removed statues drop anything special though (unless you count a Dagger +3 special). The script also deactivates a number of spawn points, which includes the dreaded Vampiric Wraiths.

I was intending to get the golem manual and crimson dart, then leave and clear gyard district/lower tombs. Maybe do enoughin trademeet to get Belm. Try to get chroud for Hexxat.

Then maybe go back to Wklvl1 or head to shadow temple off umar hills. Havent decided....