Skip to content

Charisma and quest rewards

I've read that Charisma of the party leader (not necessarily the one that talks to the storekeeper) affects store prices, but what about quest rewards?
Are they based solely on reputation or does the Charisma of the person who talks to the reward giver (or who the party leader is) modify the outcome?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    You can put any party member with high Charisma (Imoen with Algernon's cloak is a good option) in the lead and get the best rewards when they talk to the quest giver.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    edited June 2016

You can put any party member with high Charisma (Imoen with Algernon's cloak is a good option) in the lead and get the best rewards when they talk to the quest giver.

Okay, so it's the Charisma of the person that talks to the reward giver(?) The only reason I ask is because it seems to work differently with shops (party lead and not necessarily person who talks).

Also, how about alignment? Does that affect any quest rewards?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    In my experience alignment seems to do very little as I've played evil PCs as good characters before and it rarely affects anything in dialogue.
  • Toot83Toot83 Member Posts: 20
    Rewards depend on (social) reaction modifier of the character talking to guest giver. Things that modify the reaction score are party reputation and CHA score of character involved in conversation (usually party leader). In shops prices are indeed always affected by party leader's CHA, no matter who talks to the shopkeeper. High reputation also alters prices. IIRC to get the best prices one should have both reputation & CHA 20.

CHARNAME's alignment affects reaction modifier indirectly and only in the beginning of the game, because it modifies the starting reputation.

LG: 12
    NG & CG: 11
    LN, TN & CN: 10
    LE & NE: 9
    CE: 8
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    The trick is to temporarily 'promote' the npc with high charisma to party leader by physically selecting their portrait and moving it to the top of the portrait column before talking to the shopkeeper etc. Simply clicking on the npc in the game screen and directing them to talk to the shopkeeper does not make them the 'party leader' (it is always the character at the top of the portrait column on the right hand side of the screen).
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Toot83 said:

Rewards depend on (social) reaction modifier

Yes. Last time I've checked (it was with version 1.3) this was still true.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Okay. Thanks guys!