Skip to content

party all the way

2»

Comments

• ThorgaazThorgaaz Member Posts: 46
    Kensai druid is an uncommon combination. Because the druids loses his Heavy-Armor possibility. Which means Kensai-druid deals good dmg in melee, but he recieve dmg too. (At least at my first thought)

So, Im really interested how good it works out for you. I like uncommon characters.
  • ArgasArgas Member Posts: 174
    I have a berserker--)druid and he is awesome along with the others. It's just that in some discussions people prefer berserker cleric and kensai druid than kensai thief and berserker druid I think its just human vanity :smile:
  • ChadChad Member Posts: 90
    shield amulet, barkskin, and eventually ironskins will give a Kensai->druid survivability in regards to reducing damage taken. While perhaps not the 'best' combination compared to a Kensage or Kensief, any combination that reduces Kensai's inherent weakness of no armor is going to help that char. I still see it as a build that uses the Kensai class for offensive potential while utilizing druid spells for damage mitigation. Kensai->Cleric would be a much tougher sell for me due to the lack of a stoneskin/ironskins spell, though with armor of faith and using DoE in the offhand you could have decent physical DR it's still just not enough IMO. I would say Kensai->Druid is probably the next best thing after the mage and thief dual, but certainly not optimized. To me this makes it a good character in a party since it can do some neat things and still be the damage dealer, while the other characters do their thing. As stated previously I think the biggest issue is the number of dual class chars, so I would agree that it might be more beneficial to keep it to 2 dual classes and two multi-class in order to provide a bit less mid-game stress with waiting to get those classes reactivated.
    Maybe some minor spoilers.. Some people say about kensai that he get those dmg and hit bonuses every third level or so but if I remember right then late in the game it simply does not matter much what matter is APR. The blackguard the fighter and the ranger gets extra attacks is that why people say ranger is better for melee? If so then the ranger is stronger than berserker I wonder how good he is as a pure ranger and if he is better as a cleric. And does skald have not much impact on berserker and kensai..
    edited June 2016
    I remember some people dualing a fighter at level 1 and thinking its a smart idea. I probably also did that myself. Some though dual at 21 it's kinda not worth it even though they say it will likely take a dungeon. Black pits II caps at level 20 so I basically need 1 level to dual then again the game would become quite easy I guess. So I guess I'm going to dual much earlier and skip the pits aswell. But the pits helped me refresh lots of things and would help me through bgee alot faster from scratch in bgee. I hope I can dual the lathander to thief at around 17 before durlags tower and detect and disarm traps with a script ofc :) I think its the adventurer one.
  • ChadChad Member Posts: 90
    @Argas you can't dual at level 1, you would at minimum have to wait until you hit level 2 to dual. The "Standard" levels to dual out of Fighter are:

2-> just to open GM and get a few extra HP
    3-> gets an extra weapon proficiency point
    7-> 1/2 attack / round and a second extra proficiency point (6 total, 4 at 1st, 1 at 3rd, 1 at 6)
    9 -> GM a weapon and Kensai bonuses for that kit
    13 -> 3 natural APR... 1 + 1 (GM) + 1 (bonus 1/2 APR at 7 and 13)

I'm not a big fan of dual class...If I were to do a dual class I would say 7 is my personal 'sweet spot' Any more than that is just too annoying waiting to access the fighter class after the dual, less than that IMO gives diminishing returns. YMMV it really is about the individual players stomach for waiting to reactivate the original class.
  • ThorgaazThorgaaz Member Posts: 46
    Argas said:

Maybe some minor spoilers.. Some people say about kensai that he get those dmg and hit bonuses every third level or so but if I remember right then late in the game it simply does not matter much what matter is APR. The blackguard the fighter and the ranger gets extra attacks is that why people say ranger is better for melee? If so then the ranger is stronger than berserker I wonder how good he is as a pure ranger and if he is better as a cleric. And does skald have not much impact on berserker and kensai..

I think the kits counts as the mainclass too. That means an Berserker is an fighter kit, so he too get the APRs as like as the Kensai do. Same is true for Ranger and Archer for example. So, no ranger is not neccessary better in melee as an fighter or ranger kit.

I guess even Paladins get the extraattacks too, but im not too sure there.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Thorgaaz Yes, all "warrior" classes get extra APR at level 7 & 13. Fighters also get extra APR from Grand Mastery.