Skip to content

Need party advice for IWD EE!

What is your ultimate party?
Can you suggest me a party that is very strong from the beginning of the game right until the end?

Comments

• OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    I haven't played IWD as much as I have Baldur's Gate so I'm not the best per say but unless you're doing a Heart of Fury and/or Insane run, just about any well balanced party will get you through the game with proper tactics and planning. I'd recommend 2 clerics one pure and one multi-class but otherwise it's not really too big a deal if you're well rounded
  • SlotySloty Member Posts: 113
    edited May 2015
    I want a cleric, a druid, a sorcerer and a bard the rest is still open...
    which kits would you suggest me to take for the mentioned classes and which two characters would you add to those four?

(kannst auch auf deutsch schreiben, wenn dir das lieber ist^^)
    Kann mir hier keiner helfen?
    Cant anybody help me with my problem?
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    Add in a Fighter/Thief (arm with a bow and use as your archer) and Paladin (go for Undead Hunter).

I'd multi-class your Cleric. Clerics aren't the best in IWD, so give them another use. I usually have a Fighter/Cleric.

Avengers are a pretty beastly kit for an already ridiculous Druid. Druids on IWD are fantastic.

Bards are a tough one, kit-wise. I'm not a massive Bard fan, but Skalds are usually my go-to Bard class. The Skald song has some pretty insane bonuses late-level. However, if you like picking pockets, you're not going to like this class. You get 1/4 of the pickpocket skill. Blade is more of a Warrior than a Bard, but it's a pretty durable class. Jester....meh. Vanilla Bards are OK, I guess. No cons, but they don't get that extra Skald song which is really good.

As for Sorcerers....just go with a vanilla Sorcerer. I don't think Dragon Disciples are that impressive, tbh.
    edited May 2015
    So does anybody have a good spell-list for a sorcerer?

How good is the kensai? If I have a druid with barkskin isnt he as good in the defense as any other fighter-class?
    Post edited by Sloty on
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Yeah agree with on top, just doing my HOF second run and switched up but Druid or F/D and F/C along with F/T....need one as lots of traps.
    one mage or sorceror is enough (go sorceror), especially with a bard (skald for sure) youre missing a good tank or two and would recommend undead hunter as half the game will be using theyre advantages or Barb/ Dwarf Defender...power gamey would be F/M or Kensage but will be squishy at beginning and find the game lacks the RP side when every NPC is a multiclass and identical
    At which level did you start heart of fury at?
    For how many mage type characters are there enough scrolls?
    Which one is the best overall tank class?
    If your first playthough would not suggest HOF as recommeded for party of level 13...most will do a full playthrough and import the party and start HOF...I would try just difficult/insane with no HOF if you want a challenge with a new party and can always add it on if too easy throughout the game.

dont need more than 1 or 2 mages for IWD but might have tough time finding spells & would go sorceror and bard (or F/M but bards more fun)....also having an archer of some type (bard or F/T can fill this) helps alot

Best tank class is tough one depending what you want and tactics, the ones I mentioned above all have advantages/disadvantages but half-orc barb/berz fighter can dish out alot punishment whe dual wielding and absorb (so can DD)...Figther/cleric is better as one healer is more than enough as you have druid (they do rock in IWD and would dual/multi with fighter too but can keep it plain or avenger.

Im playing with a monk and undead hunter and Ranger/Cleric in my current party with Skald, Fighter/druid and F/M/T and theyre rocking it right now :smile:

My last (evil) party had Orc Barb (monster!), Blackguard, and F/C Orc with Wild mage, Cleric (tempus) and F/M/T, did pretty good but found it lacking sometimes for one reason or another...

Hope this helps @Sloty
    So,

Tank (not sure which one to take)

Kensai 7 /Thief

Halforc Fighter/cleric

Avenger druid

Skald

Sorcerer

What do you think about this party?
    Which tank would you add and which proficiencies would you give each one?
  • hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    Sloty said:

So,

Kensai 7 /Thief

Halforc Fighter/cleric

Avenger druid

Skald

Sorcerer

I very much enjoyed Dwarven Defender in IWD. In retrospect I wasn't terribly thrilled with my sorcerer until very late game and I'm very happy I took a straight mage along as well for the variety of situation specific useful spells. IWD is loaded with undead so consider you can't have enough priests or undead-hosers.
    Hey @Sloty looks like a good party but the kensai dual to thief is odd, would do multi thief fighter or dual thief to fighter, Tank can be DD if thats the case duel wield axes, as some good ones in game...also long/bastard swords and flails (but your cleric can take those with mace)...also make the good alignment as several items need it and good for cleric spells (heal)
    So would you give the fighter/thief longswords?
    Which race do you think is best for him(if multi not dual)?
    swords yeah and multi elf/half elf is easier than duel....halfling works too and can buy a good helmet for them...
  • KedaodanKedaodan Member Posts: 4
    Hallo suche Mitspieler mit ts3 gute laune muss am start sein und spaß am zocken einfach melden ^^

MFG Kedaodan
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Sloty said:

So,

Kensai 7 /Thief

Halforc Fighter/cleric

Avenger druid

Skald

Sorcerer

Tank: Dwarf berzerker or DD. Axes and some blunt
    Thief: I would go F/T or thief -> fighter, maybe even swashie to fighter if you're not much into backstabs and traps etc. Longbow and swords
    F/C: I would go dwarf. +5 saves > +1 THAC0 and +2 damage IMHO. Flails, maces, hammers etc
    Druid: Avenger is fine, though I personally prefer F/D or F ->D. Sling. You won't attack much with weapons most likely. With a F/D or F-D you would prolly do more combat though. An avenger is more of a pure caster.
    Skald: is great. Weapons doesn't matter since you'll sing and sling spells. Give her/him xbow if anything.
    Sorc: is great. Wepons? Doesn't matter much. Daggers for + spellslots or sling for some plinking.
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    Swashbuckler 5 -> Fighter
    Fighter 9 -> Mage
    Berserker 9 -> Cleric
    Berserker 7 -> Druid
    Fighter/Mage
    Fighter/Druid

I've used that party for playing HoF starting at lvl 1. The two multi-classes are only to get some caster powers earlier than with only duals.