Skip to content

Is storing items in containers "safe?"

Like if I have an item(s) that I want to keep but don't want to have to carry it everywhere (with it taking up precious inventory space), can I store it in a chest or cupboard or bookshelf somewhere? Like say in a room at the Friendly Arm Inn, or at Firebead's house in Beregost? Or would the items disappear after a while? Thanks in advance! =)
osmanvielma

Comments

• Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72
    Thank you, kindly! =)
    JuliusBorisovosmanvielma
  • osmanvielmaosmanvielma Member Posts: 3
    I was wondering the same thing and google took me here.

Thank you both.

Cheers!
    JuliusBorisov
  • Djasko_AmsterdamDjasko_Amsterdam Member Posts: 47
    People still wondering about this in 2020.. thread resurrection (im no necromancer). It's important to note that not all areas are safe. Places you can't return to are obvious examples, but Nalia's Keep is a special case as the map will change when you become lord of the keep. The rogue stronghold functions the same. Once you take up the leaderrole of either stronghold, it might be safe. I've never tried tho, as there are plenty more convenient locations to choose from.

My favorite would be the City Gates map, in the inn, inside the Lich's tomb. There's a grave and a chest there and it kinda keeps it lorefriendly as it's a little more well hidden as opposed to some crate or barrel. Also, you're at an INN, which adds a little extra convenience.

If you don't mind a little bit less immersion, you can opt for the docks, there's a barrel close to the left entrance/exit, not far from the east entrance/exit, should you appear east when you enter the map.

I find that having a storagelocation near a vendor isn't that convenient. The stuff you're storing, you probably don't want to sell anyway, unless you are hardcore minmaxing your income from sold items by waiting for your reputation to increase. Cheers.
    DJKajuruJuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I find that having a storagelocation near a vendor isn't that convenient. The stuff you're storing, you probably don't want to sell anyway, unless you are hardcore minmaxing your income from sold items by waiting for your reputation to increase. Cheers.

for me, i always usually store my stuff near a vendor, especially if you go to them a lot for missile weapon restocking or if the particular vendor buys any item

for bg1, i have 2 major storage places;

place 1 - the sack that is just a little north west of the taerom, and then i will have garrick chilling there ( if i play solo or have no identifying capabilities ) i will store all my unidentified/useful items there, and once garrick gets to a high enough level have him lore it up with most of them and make it so he knows the identify spell, free identification, i used to use the chest in the friendly arm inn ( the one that is just north of the entrance ) but its a little out of the way, while the black smith is a much quicker walk ( especially if you come west from the temple area )

place 2 - once chapter 5 hits i move garrick and my goodies to the barrel that is just south of the elf song tavern entrance and i have him sit there, since holmes at the sundrous sundries will buy any item, he is going to be your go to guy for basically the rest of the game ( especially for stocking up on ammuntion and the such ) so its going to be an area that you are going to go often, and usually i find myself resting at the elfsong tavern after i finish selling/buying up goods at the sundries

for bg2;

the barrel in ribald's adventurer's mart that has the 20 arrows in it, that is my go to barrel, since i sell EVERY single item i come across in SoA to dierde ( even items from the underdark and spell hold ) so i will be going here often so its a good place to remember where my stuff is, and even though its a little out of the way to travel to, i always find myself coming there eventually because eventually i will have to sell my goodies, plus another reason why i only sell my stuff to dierde ( hopefully im spelling her name right ) and not ribald is because ribald's mark up is terrible and if merchant already has said item they will give you less for your stuff when you sell it to them, and since dierde only has one of a kind items, you are guaranteed to get top price for your gold piece when you sell stuff to her the first time

Aerakar