Skip to content

Imported save to BG2...my character in a stuck romance with...himself.

Ok, Dorf Warrior imput from SOD, starts ok, and then I notice, whenever I click the screen, or drag the mouse, whatever really, he goes into a romance text, with himself, repeating the same bits over & over every time I click the mouse. (aeries romance script I should add).
Yep ok I know this is a bug....3 years into the EE :) And I have a terrible feeling of deja vu into the bargain. Like...this happened last time I did it too, I suspect.
How do I shut this chat down? Its very immersion breaking.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Any mods installed there?
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Open your characte record "Customize" screen, then select a new voice set. That fixes it.

The problem is that upon importing saves, incompatible voices are not converted back to the default, and that triggers weird banter everytime you click the character.
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    At least it's romance with someone you love <3
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Vbibbi said:

At least it's romance with someone you love <3 </p>

But what if he hates himself?
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    Nimran said:

Vbibbi said:

Then he shouldn't be romancing anyone anyway! Before one can love others, one must learn to love oneself.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited June 2016
    Vbibbi said:

Nimran said:

Vbibbi said:

Then he shouldn't be romancing anyone anyway! Before one can love others, one must learn to love oneself.
    There probably shouldn't have been any romances in BG2 then. :tongue:

Actually, never mind, I didn't think this one through...
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited June 2016
    Sounds like your file got corrupted during import. That or your dialog.tlk is screwed.

Open your characte record "Customize" screen, then select a new voice set. That fixes it.

The problem is that upon importing saves, incompatible voices are not converted back to the default, and that triggers weird banter everytime you click the character.

If this doesn't fix it, then your save file got hacked into crap bits during import...

• VaxalonVaxalon Member Posts: 25
    Thanks very much folks, I will try that
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Known issue. It is an incompatibility with bg1 exclusive soundsets for charname. Choose a bg2 soundset upon import.
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    I really hate having to use a brand new voiceset voiced by a different actor. It feels kinda wierd to have his/her voice changed between the games, My charname is full grown and his darker-voice-development is finished a long time ago. Hehe.
  • MoonheartMoonheart Member Posts: 520
    I'm in romance with myself too... I'm soooo sexy that I would make love to myself everyday !
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Moonheart said:

I'm in romance with myself too... I'm soooo sexy that I would make love to myself everyday !

I'm sexy and I know it!
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164