Skip to content

Does anyone NOT want an IWD:EE?

123457»

Comments

• leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    It'd be interesting if they added some. Only a couple would only partially fill a party though, whereas if they had a number (5-6) of generic ones recruitable at the start, they'd be too tokenistic and nowhere near the quality of BG NPCs. It'd take a lot of effort to put in much party banter. The only thing I can think of is having 2-3 that can be rotated in as a 7th (balance issues?), or maybe making your party 5 with a rotatable 6th? If that makes any sense. Trying to incorporate it would certainly be an interesting challenge for people enhancing the game. I'd be quite interested.
  • cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    I would like an EE of IWD, mainly because I use a Mac, and most old games simply wont run on this computer.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    edited September 2012
    Did you really need to open a thread to bash something that you don't care about?
    What is it that drives some people to go out of their way to frustrate other people's desires and dreams?
    There's a lot of people asking for IWD:EE and PS:T:EE? Good for them and good for Beamdog / Overhaul.
    Don't want it? Don't buy it.
    How hard can it be?

That being said, I don't know whether I'd want to play an IWD:EE or not.

It was the first Bioware game I ever played, I have fond memories of it, and I love its beautifully painted backgrounds.
    However, it's also a game I finished, and that has very little replay value.

As is, I probably wouldn't want it, regardless of graphical or technical improvements.
    Now... if they added story-based, recruitable NPCs like in BG, with all their baggage of dialogue, banter, conflict, personal side-quests and romance... that would be a DAY ONE BUY for me.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I could browse various topic regarding BG:EE here and say this: often while proposing a new, sometimes controversial feature (two kits for dual-classing for example) users often are argumenting it by saying that there should be >>>possibilty<<< of it - no one forces you to use new feature, if you don't like it. Basically, they want so-called "freedom of choice". Following that logic, it would mean that there SHOULD be IWD:EE, and if you don't like it, then don't buy/support it. In theory, it's pretty easy thing to apply.

Yet, the users from this forum seem to have double standards - "If you don't like what I like, then let me have it - just don't take advantage of it. But if you like what I hate, then STFU". That's sad, really. Allowing IWD:EE to happen is far beyong your power.

That being said, Overhaul might just someday do this, regardless of how many manchildren would rage about this, making their struggle much more childlish. Have a nice day.
  • HecklerHeckler Member Posts: 7
    I loved IWD , not sure if it's worth an EE tho . Failed to complete IWD 2 three times , just didnt seem to have the same atmo' .
    Kuldahar IMO is just downright special , the music , the idea of the village in the roots of the great tree etc .Kresselacks tomb is also fantastic and is it Dorns Deep ? beautiful !
    Mmm , might have to have run thru IWD .