Skip to content

Anything worth pickpocketing?

Hi there, I was wondering if any of those npcs who appear in game have anything of real value that's worth pickpocketing? Did anyone find anything interesting?
Ravenslightmf2112

Comments

• xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    This is a very good question. I tried it a bit, not exhaustively, and I didn't find anything apart from money and potions. I'm not sure whether that serves as a proper answer, though.

I still remember how disappointed I was with Neverwinter Nights, because there was nothing in the game to pickpocket.
    mf2112
  • LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    edited June 2016
    Nothing so far i can remember about, but in bridgefort,
    if you decide to betray the fort you can pickpocketing to key

In the enemy camp,
    you can pickpocketing some objectes you need to speed up your missions in there, the tristan holy simbol can be stolen, so the gold ring.
    Gusinda
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited June 2016
    Quiver of unlimited +1 bolts from the Waterdeep commander in the encampment. Can't remember his name right now.
    Post edited by batoor on
    Thrasymachusjustfeelinathome[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    edited June 2016
    Coastway Crossing

You can steal the Stone Ally statue from Teleria and then still buy The Vanished from her, too.

Dwarven Dig Site

Brother Deepvein owns a Warhammer +2 and a Wand of the Heavens, if you may need a warhammer for someone.
    Gusinda
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    Well I'd definitely define the Case of Plenty +1 as something that's worth pickpocketing.

I just looked through the games item list with EEKeeper and there's also a bag and quiver of plenty that aren't on the list of known SoD items. I wonder if they're pickpocketable somewhere also?
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    rorikon said:

Well I'd definitely define the Case of Plenty +1 as something that's worth pickpocketing.

I just looked through the games item list with EEKeeper and there's also a bag and quiver of plenty that aren't on the list of known SoD items. I wonder if they're pickpocketable somewhere also?

AFAIK they're in the Black Pits. (I still console them in because I hate ammunition.)
    rorikon
  • BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    BD3000 (but maybe even earlier, too)

Torsin de Lancie : The Guards Ring +2, Case of Plenty +1 and several potions

StummvonBordwehrGusinda
  • alithegreatalithegreat Member Posts: 24
    On SoD nearly every NPC soldier/enemy uses potions so you can have lots of potions by pickpocketing them.
    Every regular soldier /mercenary have at least 1 potion of healing.
    Veteran ones can have potions of extra healing and Heroism or str potions.
    Stealthy, rogue looking types have potions of invisibility.

What i have found in coaliton Camp chapter 10, i decided to take note midway , so it may not be complete.
    If you rob everyone you get like 50+ PoH... 20+ PoEH.. lots of potions.
    • Patreascus has Wand of Sleep
    • Torsin de Lancie has ; Two Handed Sword +2, Heavy Crossbow +2, Case of Plenty +1 , Potion of Extra healings, potion of magic protection.
    • Waterdhevian Warmage has; Longsword+1,Composite Longbow+1, Wand of Frost;
    • Dorsie has: Bullet+1 *120
    • Marshal Nederlock : 2 PoClarity, 2 PoEH, 2 Elixir Of Health
    • Mizhena: Sling+1 , 40*Bullet+2, Wand of Heavens, 2PoExtraHealing,Potion of Magic Protection.
    • Waizahb: Dagger,Aquamarine, 2*PoMasterThieving, 2*PoInvisibility, 1Potion of Healing.
    • General Stonehand: 3PoExtraHealing, BattleAxe+2, Potion of Fire Giant Str, Potion of Explosions.
    • Soralis: Potion of Invisibility, Bracers of Def:AC8,
    • Simonetta Twoedged; 40*Bolt+1, Heavy Crossbow+1, Longsword+1
    • Belegarm: Wand oF Paralyzation, PoEH,Sling.
    • Hester: Wand oF Paralyzation, POExplosions,

Crusader Camp
    • Guards at entrance : 20 Dart of Stunning , Wand of Paralyzation
    • Delton: 20 Dart of Stunning
    • Tristian: PoEH*2, Ring Of Protection, PoInvulneralibity.
    • Crusader Recruits; Token of Faith (quest) , PoH
    • Crusader Elites /Mercenary Captains: PoEH , Po Hill Giant STR or Oil of Haste, one CompLong+1
    • Sallo: Empty Wineskin.
    • Commander Dreon: BattleAxe+1
    • Denelo: Wand of Paralyzation.
    • Sindret: Laeral Tear Necklace, Sling+1 , Poh*2, PoMagicProt, PoPower, PoEH*2
    ZaghoulStummvonBordwehrAerakarGusinda
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Interesting. Sounds like there's a fair bit to enjoy. I haven't had much opportunity to experiment myself but from what I'd heard I figured they'd neglected pickpocketing in this adventure, in favor of more warlike gameplay.

Sidenote. In the Dwarves of Dumathoin questline. When the lich asks you to kill the dwarves, and bring back their amulets to prove they're dead. You can just pickpocket the amulets, but I haven't tried to see what happens if you lie to the lich about it.
  • _Noober__Noober_ Member Posts: 6
    What time is it?
  • alithegreatalithegreat Member Posts: 24

Interesting. Sounds like there's a fair bit to enjoy. I haven't had much opportunity to experiment myself but from what I'd heard I figured they'd neglected pickpocketing in this adventure, in favor of more warlike gameplay.

Sidenote. In the Dwarves of Dumathoin questline. When the lich asks you to kill the dwarves, and bring back their amulets to prove they're dead. You can just pickpocket the amulets, but I haven't tried to see what happens if you lie to the lich about it.

You can get the reward from lich, as of 2.5 he just removes one amulet after finishing his part. Then if you talk again and say i brought amulets he gets angry (because he asked for 5 amulets) and you can kill him and get other quest reward too..
    StummvonBordwehr
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Big thanks to alithegreat!

Like them, I've found that most of the loot worth pickpocketing is in the two camps in ch10. The coalition camp is really the big hotspot to use your potions of thievery and perception.